Idiot new members

daz2712

Banned
Reaction score
Just seems like there are to many dickheads signing up here now.A lot of them seem to be kids who've stumbled across the site but you should ban their asses. Talking shit is not a constructive post and everyone knows they only want their count up for the download section.

People should be vetted more on here before being allowed to post.

Why isn't there a "crap user" name and shame thread? where users can report other users who fall into this category. Mods / Admins can then check out this thread and take appropraite action. However - if a user reports another user for no particular reason or one on just a personal level then that person receives a strike...

This makes the mods life easier and they can be sure that every user is genuine...

You could always use the report post icon, then it gets sent to mods/admin to have a look. I dont think there should be a name and shame thread. some new members just take a while to get the feel of things. If they post clock then the mods/admin will reward then with a new shiney badge.

Oh no here we go again ffs.
Guys lets just leave it to the mods and admin to run the forum.
Trust me they do a good job and lets not discourage newbies from posting even if they do have the odd crap post im sure a reasonable percentage may stick around.
Imo there are too many people on here that would like to see this place run like the way shit shack used to be run. This forum is the best on the net so lets keep it that way guys.

if its any help - i used to be a professional moderator and would gladly give any advice needed.

DW would end up like all the other shite forums if it closed registration or newbies were affraid to post their problems!

Newbies can't help being new, we were all newbies once, we didn't come into this world with the knowledge to hack VM to pieces lol.

Lets try and help the newbies instead of slating and flaming them. They are the future of the forum and we need them.

Don't get me wrong I agree with Devilfish in the fact that we need to help n00bz....But I have seen too many ppl who just join this forum to download the files and have no intent of helping other members...I'm quite new myself but instead of asking pointless questions I have read stuff myself which in turn allowed me to help other members...Instead of restricting n00bz joining why don't we look at the people who have joined..posted just to enable downloads and then downloaded the files without helping any other members or even being active on the forum until the next keyroll......

And also a constructave post doesnt need to be helping someone, having a bit of banter is also what the forum is about.

But we were all newbies at some point in time and we all came here for a reason. Can you honestly say you just signed up to help people?

Folk need to lighten up, have a laugh, dont go telling folk to "F*ck up, stop posting crap" as it will just put folk off posting alltogether.

And also a constructave post doesnt need to be helping someone, having a bit of banter is also what the forum is about.

But we were all newbies at some point in time and we all came here for a reason. Can you honestly say you just signed up to help people?

Folk need to lighten up, have a laugh, dont go telling folk to "F*ck up, stop posting crap" as it will just put folk off posting alltogether.

No I didn't sign up just to help people... I signed up to learn and once I had learned I wanted to give something back to the forum...Now I don't code or make MAX cables etc my background is in Cisco networking so I decided the only way I could give something back was to help other members...I have no issues with n00bz is just seems too many people ask questions that could be solved be either Google or the Search button...But then again I guess every forum is like that!!!

i agree on some of the things said about noobz to the forum i am new and i am just about getting used to dw i say give them the chance to prov them self :)

I have to agree though alot of members just use it for the download section and only visit for next key roll etc. I myself have been exactly the same but now i use the forum i respect it more and do post if i can help. I am a member of another forum but thats really restrictive and you have to have 2 members have to reference you who have had to be a member for at least 2 years and to be honest this forum is much better and i feel it is much better because its open to the public e.g. Noobs

Prove themselves???

I don't deny that people like yourself do want to be a decent member here and are willing to learn BUT there are also a lot of the 'I WANNA KNOW NOW' people who don't. If you showed them a search button they'd probably ask what it does!!!
I don't mind helping...christ I ask enough questions myself. Its the idiots who post idiotic stupid replies in some of the threads that piss me off.Just to get a post count up...hit n runners half of them!
I'll tell you another thing that pisses me off as well. I sat down about 4 yrs ago and learnt the ins-and-outs of file sharing from torrents through to newsgroups.All on my own time and got good at them through reading and learning. NOW all I get from every family member-neighbour-friend of a friend-uncles dog is can you set it up for me.

NO!!! **** OFF AND LEARN SPONGER!

if its any help - i used to be a professional moderator and would gladly give any advice needed.

Shit man...if thats a picture of you for your avatar you look more like a professional crystal meth addict to me...he he he.

Shit man...if thats a picture of you for your avatar you look more like a professional crystal meth addict to me...he he he.

lol, thats is actually me on a messy night out in edinburgh.

I ended up playing tony hawks pro skater on an OG playstation 1 at about 10am. Seriously fucked, couldnt sleep for about a day.

However, one thing I think I shoud say, forums are all about community - with out the community you wouldnt have a forum, so we need to maintain a good number of people here to make it a worthwhile community. A lot of people here seem to show disdain for newer members, this is wrong as without new members (I am new myself) the community will not grow.

I see that some people on this thread seem to think that people only join this forum for the downloads section, well, without new members that download section may never grow - or indeed exist.

We have all been new and/or niave before. We shouldnt be a closed community and we should welcome new members.

Back