I want a pet ??

Penners

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been nagging our lass for a pet for the last year now and she still says no. :-(

Her reason's behind this are that:

1. She's allergic to animal fur (I think its called dander or something like that) Anyway it something malting animals produce.

2. She hates mess and she says I'm too much mess let alone a pet :)

So has anyone got any advice on an ideal pet (preferably a dog that doesn't malt :)

Or a pet monkey (them small ones if they are legal to buy in the UK that is ?

Get a gold fish lol. or a hamster and keep it away from her. or them dogs that are shaven. or leave her and find someone who likes pets lol.

Nice pointers although I don't think she would like the latter, we are getting maried nxt year.

Thought about a Yorkshire Terrier or a scoty, but I'm not really keen on yappi toe biters :)

What about the Monkey ? are they legal in the UK ?

Nice pointers although I don't think she would like the latter, we are getting maried nxt year.

Thought about a Yorkshire Terrier or a scoty, but I'm not really keen on yappi toe biters :)

What about the Monkey ? are they legal in the UK ?

Yorkies are great wee dogs, ours hardly makes a sound, and is a bundle of fun.

Be careful if you're getting a monkey.
I'm not sure of the legality, but they can be mischevious, and need to be spanked often....(just thought I'd get that one in before anyone else did) :)

Get a large tin of Tuna, no mess no walking it and very cheap :roflmao:

what about a poodle?
i believe these dont cast their curls,not too good for male ego but lol.;)

or one one of these to keep the grass down.:flock:

Poodles are a no go I'm afraid.

Can't really see me walking a poodle :) Also they look freeky (sorry if I've offended any cotton ball lovers )

i dont wanna be spanked! i am mischevious tho , and need alot of bananas and i will do tricks for money!

you serious? lol nope, google says no lol.

Does that mean the little monkeys are illegal in the UK then ??

Damn Damn Damn I really wanted one of those.

So is there any other dogs apart from a:

Poodle
Yorky \ Scoty Terrier that don't malt ?

Get yourself a fish tank and get some oscars, you can get these so tame they will eat out your fingers, ever so therapeutic as well :D

I got 2 tanks 1 a 5ft with 2 oscars ( 11 inch & 10 inch) and 1 a 4ft with 1 oscar (9 inch)

here you go mate,take your pick from this lot

Among my favorites are the Airedale, Basenji, Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frise, Bolognese, Border Terrier, Brussels Griffon, Cairn Terrier, Chinese Crested, Cocker Spaniel-Poodle mix, Coton de Tulear, Havanese, Irish Water Spaniel, Kerry Blue Terrier, Labrador Retriever-Poodle mix, Lowchen, Maltese, Poodle (Toy, Miniature, and Standard), Portuguese Water Dog, Puli, Schnauzer (Miniature, Standard, and Giant), Schnauzer-Poodle mix, Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier, Tibetan Terrier, West Highland White Terrier, Wirehaired Fox Terrier, and Yorkshire Terrier.
Many of these dog breeds have high-maintenance grooming needs, but are breeds that shed a significant amount less than others. As always, thorough research and evaluation of your lifestyle are important when selecting a dog breed. I wish you well in your search and hope you find the one that is just right for you!

Once had a fish tank when I was a kid ( but the damn thing gave me nightmares) it used to jump out of the bowl at night and land on my pillar flapping about.

So put the bowl on the wardrobe, thought the height might make Wonda(the fish) think twice b4 jumping.

But unfortunately the plan didn't work and I came home from school with wonda lying on the bedroom floor dead.

Once had a fish tank when I was a kid ( but the damn thing gave me nightmares) it used to jump out of the bowl at night and land on my pillar flapping about.

So put the bowl on the wardrobe, thought the height might make Wonda(the fish) think twice b4 jumping.

But unfortunately the plan didn't work and I came home from school with wonda lying on the bedroom floor dead.

You sure you didn't have a lemming in the bowl?

No just a crazy gold fish that I'd won on hook a duck at some fairground :)

Its funny what you remember, think I must still be mentally scared from the fish jumping episode :)

I remember the first time it jumped on my pillow and I dreamt that a slug was trying to get into my ear, until I woke to find wonda ( The fish wasn't actually called wonda but I can't remember its name :)

Get yourself a fish tank and get some oscars, you can get these so tame they will eat out your fingers, ever so therapeutic as well :D

I got 2 tanks 1 a 5ft with 2 oscars ( 11 inch & 10 inch) and 1 a 4ft with 1 oscar (9 inch)

I was going to go for Oscars, but was having prob's with the water quality.

Great big fish, but like your name...they can be tank Busta's when they reach full size.

Might go for them at some point though.

We used to have an Iguana. She grew to over 4ft long.

Great pets, she used to have the run of the house until our daughter came along. She ended up in a huge walk-in cupboard, all they want to do is climb anyway!

Thier feces carry samonella, that's why we had to put her in a cupboard, She was toilet trained (Went to the same corner) but we couldn't chance our daughter touching the feces and then putting her hands near her mouth.

Most peeps are scared of reptiles though? They can give you a nasty bite but you would really have to provoke an attack?

Just a thought :)

Back