I.T Charges

Yeh I think you have hit the nail on the head...I mean yes I could charge her more for the work...BUT she has already been ripped off and I need to rebuild the trust she doesn't have in the IT service provided to her...I'm in a pickle because I don't want to over charge her but the same time I want to move to a service contract with her and obviously if I charge a hourly rate she considers cheap there would be no need for her to move to a contract....

Yeh I think you have hit the nail on the head...I mean yes I could charge her more for the work...BUT she has already been ripped off and I need to rebuild the trust she doesn't have in the IT service provided to her...I'm in a pickle because I don't want to over charge her but the same time I want to move to a service contract with her and obviously if I charge a hourly rate she considers cheap there would be no need for her to move to a contract....

Good Luck with it. Just think of the shitiest task you could end up doing and ask yourself if you would be happy being paid X per hour to do it. If you are then thats your price.

Yep Im gonna go for £50 call out and £30 per hour....Just need to decide a retaining fee now....

Well it all worked out...

Went to client today who agreed on £50 call out with £30 per hour and client is paying £200 per month retaining fee....Happy Days :)

Back