I need 2 remove adult channels from dbox2

bolts54

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I have just put a dbox in the kids room but want to remove the adult channels or have a pin request to view, using sporster image 1.72 can any1 help me.
Thanks

You can delete them from the services.xml file altogether, or you can put them all in a separate bouquet and lock that bouquet.

More info here...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=692029

You can also use the myservices.xml file to get rid of them.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=85664

Go to the bouquet you want to lock in the bouquet editor
Press d-box key on remote and the blue button option will toggle between hide/lock/rename. Select lock and a key will go next to the channel.
In Settings menu, go to Youth Protection, set a code and set the age.

Last edited:
or you can put them all in a separate bouquet and lock that bouquet.

can you not still scroll down to the them, even though you can't see the bouquet? i'm sure i've done that.

add them to myservices as deleted i think seems the best way

can you not still scroll down to the them, even though you can't see the bouquet? i'm sure i've done that.

You can only do that if you hide them and dont lock them, if you lock them then it will ask for a pin. Unfortunately you can't do both, its either hide or lock.

If you do remove them from services.xml make sure you never use an image with sections scan or it'll find them again - best way is the myservices.xml file. Use Bouquet editer to create it, it's dead easy :)

Hi I have just put a dbox in the kids room but want to remove the adult channels or have a pin request to view, using sporster image 1.72 can any1 help me.
Thanks

There are 2 ways of doing this, m8. The easiest for you is to go dbox > Service > Bouquet Editor then move the highlight down to your Adult bouquet. (you DO have all the adult channels collected into their own bouquet, don't you?)

Now look at the bottom line of the Bouquets page, in particular, the Blue button option at bottom right. Press dbox on the R/C again, and the Blue item toggles from Rename to Hide then again to Lock. Lock is probably the best option for you for starters.

TBH, you might want to do something similar in Sky Movies too- except for SM Family...

Adjustments are also needed in Settings > Youth Protection menu to make this all work. Cheers- AL (recently escaped from the Newbies cupboard, so be gentle with me, LOL!)

If you want to get rid of them altogether and its not easy to access a PC with dbox, then press blue button on remote and go into tuxbox commander then navigate to var/tuxbox/config/zapit and highlight services.xml then press No 4 on remote then you can edit the services,xml and delete all the channels you dont want the kids to see, BTW. make sure section scan is turned off if its available in your image or it will put them all back.

Derek

Which method did you use?

I tried hiding and also locking the ADULT bouquet but they were still in the unsorted bouquet (or it might be called THE REST - Andere)

I know there is a good thread on the MyServices technique which I keep meaning to have a go at. Is this the way you did it?

Also, I like the option of finding the new channels automatically so don't want to turn that option off.

The best way is the myservices file, but until then you should lock or hide the adult bouquet and the others bouquet.

Have a look for bouquet wizard, it's dead easy to make a myservices file - load the channels from your box, right click on the channel and select myservices (-) and when you've done that for all the channels, simply transfer them back to the box.

You can also use this to rename the HID channels and remove surplus data and regional channels :)

I deleted them from the myservices.xml, I tried locking the adult bouquet but as u said they are still the unsorted bouquet, i saved the xml file to my pc just in case any of me m8s need it.

All good now, thanks again everyone :)

Back