I can't believe it's not Butter

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
What, are you fucking kidding me?

Maybe your real butter has spoiled?

The market is flooded with these Butter substitutes, I reckon I've tried them all and not one of them comes close to the taste of real butter.

Soft plastic paste is what I taste.

They should rename it "I can't believe it's not Cancerous!"

Rant Over.

(I just had a slice of toast with this shit on it, hence the post).

No substitue for butter at all and I don't care what the claim or who agrees or disagrees.

Butter is butter and all else fails.

The minor advantage to some of these spreads is you get the taste of cheese when put on hot buttered toast so a bonus of not having to buy cheese and pay extra lektric to melt it ! Lol :Clap:

You can beat proper butter another thing i hate is that rubber cheese they put on your burgers in mcdonalds or burgerking i want real cheese ffs

Very little difference in taste with "I can't believe it's not butter".......lol

Lurpak comes first in our house, then Anchor :)

we used to use anchor but was sick of it never spreading and that was anchor spreadable lol.

What, are you fucking kidding me?

Maybe your real butter has spoiled?

The market is flooded with these Butter substitutes, I reckon I've tried them all and not one of them comes close to the taste of real butter.

Soft plastic paste is what I taste.

They should rename it "I can't believe it's not Cancerous!"

Rant Over.

(I just had a slice of toast with this shit on it, hence the post).

with you here. cant stand the crap. i was lucky, when the firms decided they could make more money from veg oil crap than making butter. their line was butter was unhealthy and we needed to find a healthier product. thing was, back then, there were no veg oil products, that didnt make you puke when you had them. Ahh Stork, barf. nothing has changed in 30 years. always worth remembering, they make these products to make money, not to offer a GOOD alternative to butter.
I did read somewhere that these so called butters are actually one molecule away from actually being plastic lol
lol, never thought of that, but i guess it is a form of polymer!
We love clover in my house mmmmmmmmm.

cool, i have carpets myself!:proud:

The thing that really makes me angry is when you go to a batch bar, order something and they say "do you want that buttered?" you say yes, then see them reaching for the giant white tub of cheap spread. A number of times I've made them bring the tub over, shown them that it is not butter and have them re-make it without.

You cant beat unsalted Lurpak straight from the fridge solid big dollops on yer toast, or a bacon sarnie dripping through yer fingers when it melts....that's what you call butter. :licka:

:Cheers:

You cant beat unsalted Lurpak straight from the fridge solid big dollops on yer toast, or a bacon sarnie dripping through yer fingers when it melts....that's what you call butter. :licka:

I prefer slightly salted myself, but otherwise I'm with you all the way on that! :Clap:

With you all the way on that one Dave.
There is some things that you dont change for whatever reasons.
:banana:

I prefer slightly salted myself, but otherwise I'm with you all the way on that! :Clap:

I'm a "slightly" man myself, and echo nara's comment. I'm even partial to plain bread and butter, providing its good bread.

Love slightly salted butter.

I did switch over to margarine for a year or two but really got fed up of the nothingness of the flavour.

Back