http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?l=en_US

I have a few r4i3d "2012" cards from www.r4i3d.com and 3 Nintendo 3ds. 2 had ver.4.4.0-10u , 1 had ver. 4.3.0-10u. All the cards worked fine. I did a update with the card in it up to ver.5.0.0-11u and the card does not work, any ideas on how I can get it to work again ? When I start up spongeBob's Atlantis Squarepantis THQ, I get an error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Botton to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." Any ideas ? Thanks

you cant......
those cards are not compatable with the new firmware and there is no update for them...

also looks like support for those cards has stopped, so unlikely a patch will be released...

funny thing is the r4i3d card that was in the 3ds when the Nintendo update happened, it still works but not in the 3ds with ver 5.0.0-11u, but it works in a dsi xl that has firm Ver 1.4.1u, so it tells me that its just missing a patch of some kind

the updated console has closed the exploit that allowed the flashcard to run on it.
it doesn't do anything at all to the flashcard, so it will still play on consoles with older firmware.. :)

modern cards can be patched to bypass the new security features of the newer firmware, but nothing has been released fore your card.

and like i said, looks like support has stopped for that card, so a fix probably wont be released..

only option is to buy a new card.

here is a list of cards known to work on latest 3ds fimrware...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

the ace3ds pro is a cheap card, can be had for under a tenner.. :)

the updated console has closed the exploit that allowed the flashcard to run on it.
it doesn't do anything at all to the flashcard, so it will still play on consoles with older firmware.. :)

modern cards can be patched to bypass the new security features of the newer firmware, but nothing has been released fore your card.

and like i said, looks like support has stopped for that card, so a fix probably wont be released..

only option is to buy a new card.

here is a list of cards known to work on latest 3ds fimrware...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

the ace3ds pro is a cheap card, can be had for under a tenner.. :)

hi I need help desperately... is any1 still using this thread?

probably best to start anew thread.. :)

hey, thanks for the reply... im not sure how to do so or what is the right section/title/description to put! and to be fair, it seems you are the one I need to speak to! lol...

basically my problem is the same as really...
I had 2 pink r4i3d ['NEW'] with the spongebob icon thingy, which worked fine on our 2 DSi XL's (one's blue, one's green if that helps?) until the kids updated them!

the blue xl is now on Ver 1.4.5E and the green xl Ver 1.4.1E and both wouldn't recognise the card!

I've googled it, read/followed various threads, done firmware updates from the site on the card (www.r4i3d.com) and the closest I've gotten to it working was putting (I think...) 'dsi v1.43 upgrade package' on. now its recognised by only the 'green' 1.4.1E XL...

I get View attachment 77655
then View attachment 77656
then when I select a game View attachment 77657
then it just stays at the loading screen!?

I want to give your method a try but this site wont let me click on the links you've provided for some reason!?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

pleeeeaaase HEEEEEEEEEEEEEPL MEEEE!!!!:nopity:

take a chill pill, on the.phone atm lol.

whays the web address of the card?
Could you post a picture of it?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

take a chill pill, on the.phone atm lol.

whays the web address of the card?
Could you post a picture of it?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

lol, sorry man I thought you'd abandoned me!!
2013-12-22-006.jpg
also I have a ds lite for updating and testing the cards.

1: backup and format your sd card using panasonic formatting tool

2: download your firmware from here

3: open folder and copy _rpg folder and DSMENU.DAT file onto root of sd card

4: download and extract roms onto card, you can put in a game folder if you want....

rom files should be unzipped end in .nds

this is what your sd card should look like:

newreply.php
I managed to try this method but now, when I select the spongebob logo to fire up the card it says loading then the screen goes white!? when I tried it in the dslite I just got the white screen!?

p.s. does the other pics of the game screen I uploaded show up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to try this method but now, when I select the spongebob logo to fire up the card it says loading then the screen goes white!? when I tried it in the dslite I just got the white screen!?

p.s. does the other pics of the game screen I uploaded show up?

ok..

its bad news.. :(

you wont be able to use them cards with your dsi's now that they have been updated....
they are r4i clones and are unsupported, you can use one of them with you dslite, but there is no going back with the dsi's...

i would suggest you look into ace3ds plus cards...
they are cheap and popular the now..

not what yuo wanted to hear i am sure.. :(

ok..

its bad news.. :(

you wont be able to use them cards with your dsi's now that they have been updated....
they are r4i clones and are unsupported, you can use one of them with you dslite, but there is no going back with the dsi's...

NOOOOOOOOO! lol!
just as a final shot though, could it have anything to do with me installing fwUpdateAll_V7.00.nds on the r4i card !? I forgot to mention earlier but ever since running that update, whenever I try to install/overwrite with others on it says ''cannot update because v7.0 us the latest''?? can I not roll it back to an earlier version some how??

apart from that, thank you very much for your time and help!! :Cool2:

nothing u can do m8 as far as i am aware..
@turner brown is shit hot with this stuff.

hopefully he will read this and confirm my thoughts or even better.. give you an option.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
are you sure you have the software on the sd card right and also if it shows as sponge bob them it should work on the 4.5 console

ok after having a look on there site there is card killing for clones on there new kernel so maybe this is the problem
also if its getting to the game menu and letting you pick games then its defo a problem with software on the sd card

hi again, thanks for all the help, i think ill give those cards a try... may i ask what (trusted) site you buy them from?

Back