HTPC case with 4 HD's. Is there such a thing?

Munkey

Inactive User
Gents or Digicol :)

I am looking for a new HTPC case that can carry four hard drives. I have searched a fair bit but the maximum any HTPC case has currently is 2 internal hard drives.

Does anyone know of and nice looking HTPC cases that carry the space that I need?

Thanking you kindly...

little_pob

Jnr admin
Staff member
Jnr Admin
The Zalman XT160 and XT160Plus both have 5x3.5" bays and 7" touch screen LCD.

Whilst there is only one 5.25" bay, most High Def optical drives are both blu-ray and HD-DVD compatible - I know blu-ray 'won', but not everyone invested in blu-ray, so is mentioned just-in-case.

At £387.74 from overclockers its not the cheapest of cases and it'll be a huge : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-019-ZA&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=

Alterntively concider MSI's Media Live AM2 barebone system with HDMI built-in with a NAS box or media server. £269.97 from ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128368

Trancemaster

Inactive User
You could just use the space provided for optical drives for HDD's instead. Or you could get a couple of external hard drive caddies and hot glue them to the side of the media centre case!

Munkey

Inactive User
Thank you gentlemen.

I love the look of the Zalman 160XT and I think I'll be getting that one on my trip to the US this summer. I cant justify spending that amount of cash on a case but in US dollars it works out to half. I think I'll use the 5.25"-3.5" drive bay converters as they are very cheap

Mmmm a new touch screen sounds very nice indeed.

Conrad

Inactive User
What about a Silverstone? I'm using an LC17 with 2 drives in it but it'll take 6 drives as well as 2 optical drives (and a floppy if you don't want the front mounted USB bits). They're really well built as well.

Munkey

Inactive User
What about a Silverstone? I'm using an LC17 with 2 drives in it but it'll take 6 drives as well as 2 optical drives (and a floppy if you don't want the front mounted USB bits). They're really well built as well.
Thanks mate I think the Silverstone is a great case for the money. I've been thinking that I may be needing a rack so the Zalman would be overkill as it would be hidden in a cupboard.

I have plenty of time so any suggestions are most welcome.

Cheers

digicol

Inactive User
Sorry mate but as much as I would like to help, HTPC's are not a real subject I have been into so I will leave this one to the more hands on peeps of the forum.
:Cheers:

TEST