Sensible Topic How will you vote in the EU referendum ?

EU Referendum - will you vote In or Out ?

• Stay In

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Get Out

Votes: 115 77.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Germany will punish Britain if you opt out with nasty EU taxes. I'm from Ireland

I am voting out also, the £350 million a week will fix our underfunded NHS system. Dam it Britain just sort our own out before others for once.

Le’ts not get too excited here about the £350 million a week we pay to the EU. As previous posts mention, we get most of that back in rebates and grants. This contribution to the EU pales into insignificance when you consider our national debt increases by £1400 million a week. That is the difference between what taxes we take and what we spend. That is equivalent to £200 million every day! Can that be much worse if we were outside the EU? At least we would would have control over our fishing grounds, trade with the rest of the world and control immigration if we left the EU. Our problems are not going to go away whether we are in or out, but will our children and grandchildren be able to hack it and pull us out of the current mess!

I think Germany will punish Britain if you opt out with nasty EU taxes. I'm from Ireland
Even if we leave it could never work in Ireland the boarder is a myth people live in the south work in the north I've seen the scare mongers in stornmount say we would need a passport to travel back and forward this is lies . Some roads you can travel a few feet at and your in and out and back in again. This would never work . I'm think Ireland would be an exception to all the rules . If this is the case how would the uk control immigration they could come in through the irish ports and basically walk through the " boarder" on to britian without a single check in place

Adding to my previous post, that is not the full extent of our problems. Our balance of payments deficit (which is added to our budget deficit) is about £2000 million per week (the difference between what we sell abroad and what we import) This means we borrow a total of around £485 million every DAY just to stand still but also to go further into debt. It is obvious that we are governed by donkeys and we need to retake control of our own destiny, the first stage being leave the EU and trade with the rest of the world. Stage 2 is to get rid of the donkeys in Westminster and elect some people with ambition, experience & vision.

Le’ts not get too excited here about the £350 million a week we pay to the EU. As previous posts mention, we get most of that back in rebates and grants.

That's refreshing, someone who's actually studied the facts rather than trotted out the Brexit campaign bullshit.

Fair play to you if you want to vote out. At least you've put some thought into it. View attachment 95762

About the only thing we haven't been promised if we vote to leave is a Plague of Locusts......

Ok we get most of that back in grants and rebates? If we do in what form and what does it get spent on? I have heard of Euro funding for community centres projects, programs in poor areas and farmers etc which is all well and good but everywhere I'm googling is showing we miss out on between 5 and 8 billion. (Who knows what to believe in that through all the disinformation )That also doesn't mention the fact that the money we might get back is earmarked for something that Brussels has decided. I'm pretty sure being able to see the doctor within a fort night is more important than some hippy community program that effects a few old folk and some bored teenagers. Or a rejuvenated listed building being renovated rather than having to fire a load of police men/ women.

I'm not saying there are some good causes being effected I just think core services are more important and any way it's looked upon we get out less in monetary terms than we put in.

There are a few countries in the eu that are doing fine trading with the eu without being governed and fleeced by them.

I don't profess to know lots about the workings of the eu I sure don't like some of its core policies I think for lots of people they have some key issues they don't like about the eu if they were in & some if they were out I personally am going to vote out I have a friend that's most deffo an in campaigner but makes me larf how he keeps going on & on about its going to take at least 9 years or more to reach new trade agreements but they already know all the bad things that will be in those trade agreements of the future if we do come out talk about mystic meg far to many predictions on both sides so I think most will vote based on their key issues & how in or out effects those on face value

Le’ts not get too excited here about the £350 million a week we pay to the EU. As previous posts mention, we get most of that back in rebates and grants. This contribution to the EU pales into insignificance when you consider our national debt increases by £1400 million a week. That is the difference between what taxes we take and what we spend. That is equivalent to £200 million every day! Can that be much worse if we were outside the EU? At least we would would have control over our fishing grounds, trade with the rest of the world and control immigration if we left the EU. Our problems are not going to go away whether we are in or out, but will our children and grandchildren be able to hack it and pull us out of the current mess!

At present I am undecided, I don't feel I know enough on what border controls and trade relationships will look like after the exit.

What I do understand though is that if we look at the Switerland model or even Norway to that extent. They are not part and parcel of the total European Member states. However they do operate under the single market trade agreement.
What price do they have to pay for that? Well it is actually known.
To trade as part of the single market they have to allow the freedom of movement of people.

So on the face of it, we will have no control more control over our borders than we do whilst we are in the EU.
It is also worth saying we do have control of our borders at present just not with in the european Union.

I will try to absorb as much as I can over the coming weeks / months but I can imagien it is going to be very difficult to sort the truth from the spin as both sides argue.

EU immigration: Norway and Switzerland

don't forget with free movement of labour access to trade etc you are assuming we will agree to the same as others outside the eu if we come out our govts will be much more accountable to the will of the people simply because they could no longer use the eu as an excuse for what is so it would not make much sense for our govt to agree something pretty much the same as we had voted against as a member. plus a lot depends on how much they sell us as well they wont want to lose any of that either that would be cutting off their noses to spite their face & if they did do that it just shows how ludicrous the eu is

Let’s not get too excited here about the £350 million a week we pay to the EU. As previous posts mention, we get most of that back in rebates and grants.
But wouldn't it be nice to able to choose were we spend our own money ?. We do not get back as much as we use to put in, the 90's have gone. That's like me giving my pay pack to my mate then letting him dictate were and when I can spend it and he keeps a bit to help his family out.

The problem is, your led to believe there's a big bad bogeyman just waiting to pounce on us all and if we were to leave. They spent £140 million building a glass EU building thats used for 4 days a month its empty unused for 10-1/2 month a year costing millions to run while empty. This is enough to keep a large UK hospital running for a year.

Lets not forget, they need us more than we need them

The in campaign are concentrating on the economy and scaring everyone one with the threat that the economy will crash. Well I don't know if anyone has noticed but the usa economy for the last quarter was only 0.5% growth. I think things are already slowing down and you only have to look at how china is slowing down. As someone who sells construction plant equipment I already see things slowing and where still in. Lets leave and and it will be a long time before we are out completely. Lets trade until then as we are and use the time to negotiate new contracts with other markets and invest inwards in UK manufacturing and drive our own economy into growth. Buy british and ban EU products.

Last edited:
problem is what the British people voted to join back in the 70's was the EEC nobody ever voted for the eu as it is now.

if the questions on the referendum at the end of the month were

stay in the eu as it is now
or
come out of the eu
or
agree to return the what was voted for ie "the EEC"

there would be a different result.

it all went wrong in Maastricht

the EU is dying , has been for years , all this stuff about trade this and trade that, why trade with a dying market, trade with growing markets you don't have to ask ...
less secure outside the EU , bollocks, if Russia wants invade they will do so in or out of the EU . no one actually knows what will actually happen if the out vote wins .

I like change and will be voting out, just my opinion anyways.

I'm for OUT, I wont stand for scare mongering tactics from the likes of the Germans and that bin head yank.
When we leave the EU will collapse within in a matter of a few years just as soon as when they realise how much they all miss our money helping them to prop up dead end countries.

I'm pretty sure the whole of the EU won't fold just because we are out of it same way I don't think it will grow massively if we stay

You are probably correct. But it could be the thin end of a wedge. Other disaffected countries may follow suit in time. It was said a few years ago that the poorer countries may be kicked out, but it could go the other way. The net contributors (of which the UK is one I believe) might say 'enough is enough'.
I am as yet undecided. As a UK citizen living in another EU state I personally would probably benefit from the UK remaining 'in', but I would not let that alone make up my mind and would not vote that way purely for selfish reasons. I've been busy moving house and have not seen much coverage over the past few weeks (bliss!) so have missed all the mud-slinging and negativity.
Overall though, I suspect fear of the unknown will probably make people vote to stay in, despite the apparent vast majority saying otherwise.

You are probably correct. But it could be the thin end of a wedge. Other disaffected countries may follow suit in time. It was said a few years ago that the poorer countries may be kicked out, but it could go the other way. The net contributors (of which the UK is one I believe) might say 'enough is enough'.
I am as yet undecided. As a UK citizen living in another EU state I personally would probably benefit from the UK remaining 'in', but I would not let that alone make up my mind and would not vote that way purely for selfish reasons. I've been busy moving house and have not seen much coverage over the past few weeks (bliss!) so have missed all the mud-slinging and negativity.
Overall though, I suspect fear of the unknown will probably make people vote to stay in, despite the apparent vast majority saying otherwise.
would you be eligible to vote mate if your living in another country ?. I thought expats were excluded from voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back