How to play Divx files - Ipad

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chaps,

Not an apple guy, so bare with me, mate wants some div-x films and me other mate says that I have to convert or download an MP4 file format, been looking and there's "Oplayer HD"

How do you get divx files onto the "ipad" ?

Do you have to load them into "iplayer" and things like that?

I don't really want to have to spend much time grabbing mp4's or converting.. :)

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Personally, i use Freemake - convert them to iPad (mp4 format) and then load via iTunes.

Others recommend VLC, use iTunes to load them to the app but i couldn't get it to work properly.

Thanks, so he loads them in via itunes, I really don't want to have to look for mp4's or convert If I can help it.....

If he doesnt want to convert them his best bet is to install a video playing app. Personally I use ace player its great! You can transfer your files in and out of the app wirelessly aswell so no need for itunes and if you take your ipad to a friends and connect to their network, they can easily download the file from the ipad to their computer ;) if sharing is your sorta thing

thanks for that, nice one bud, cheers to all that's replied. thanks for the heads up, that app is exactly what he will need.!

will do nap, but sounds like the "team" have it covered so all good, there's no way I'm sitting converting for him, don't mind the odd download, but I'll be damned if I'm sitting converting.....cheers Napster mate.

One thing I hate about propriety apple tools without the JB, I want to be able to stream divx, avi etc, but no, have to bloody convert everything...it's a right royal pain. Just makes me not want to own one.

One thing I hate about propriety apple tools without the JB, I want to be able to stream divx, avi etc, but no, have to bloody convert everything...it's a right royal pain. Just makes me not want to own one.

do you mean stream from, say, a nas to the device? if so ace player, or one of the other media players on the app store will do it :)

do you mean stream from, say, a nas to the device? if so ace player, or one of the other media players on the app store will do it :)

Yea. I bookmarked that apps so going to try it out.

It just winds me up though, dictated to about what you can do with a device by Apple. I wouldn't mind if it was a lack of capability, or limitation but it isn't, it's a blatant lack of willingness.

I just wish they would get over themselves...and soon.

becareful with these media player apps now, most have had to remove ac3 / hd audio support not sure why but they all say due to legal requests, so if you either buy the latest version or update most of your mkv's wont have any audio :(

i use xbmc works a treat or orblive stream it from a location of your choice

Back