How to get an up todate EPG for a Technomate TM7102 triple tuner

burtonian2011

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I am sorry to sound so stupid but I have just brought this Technomate receiver and I am having real problems with the EPG. The EPG is blank, not like my old sky box or my digital TV. The company that I payed £1500+ are not interested in giving me any help. So I have spent hours searching the net and having found this forum I can see that you guys know all the answers but sadly I dont know the correct questions to ask.

However I would like to know if its possible to either automatically or manualy update the EPG so that when I look at the channels the EPG shows what is going to be on now/next/later.

Why if I am watching say BBC1 via the Technomate the sound is so much quieter than if I switch back and watch it direct via my TV.

Could anyone recommend a good online site that I can start learning how to get more out of this very expensive bit of kit.

Thanks for reading this

Regards

Johnny

well this is the best site/forum you could be on and welcome to the forum i would have the 7100 pretty much the same as yours but less features
the transponder /frequencie for uploading the 7day epg name title only seems to be changed and is not working for the tm's as far as i know at the moment.
first thing to do would be patch your tm to get the most out of it with this method
1)back up channel list(press red button in transfer data menu)
2)factory reset(in the system settings menu>factory reset menu >do a full factory reset)
3)load latest original technomate firmware(found on technomate.uk downloadsection)
4)factory reset
5)load latest patch found here Download center
5.5) load latest addon for c.s.found hereView attachment 3_ADDON_002p.rar
6)factory reset
7)put back channellist(ok on your cndf file and ok on normal default ) and rescan all channels in use(after this you could put on latest softcams)
if you don't follow this you might get stuck with bugs/problems
I have very little problems after following this procedure
now the freesat channels will give you 7dayepg still if you press epg and while in epg mode press info this will bring you into more day epg it loads a bit slow but it will also load while watching the channel
to enter secret menu after patching your tm press "8281" while watching a tv channel
if you press the audio button on your remote and you set the level to high it will be better
and on the HD channels keep moving untill ac3 will be better

Last edited:
Hi burtonian2011,

£1500+ surely that can't just be for the TM 7102...?

...or was the £1500+ for an entire set-up and for it's installation...?

i.e.

TM 7102 HD
Satellite Dish
LNB
Motor
Installation/Set-up
Subscription to a provider
New TV

What exactly did you get for that vast amount of money...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi thijss26,

Thank you for the quick reply. I did pay the company that I purchased the system from to install the latest updates! But how do I check to see if they have? How long would it take to do the list that you gave me? What channels do I have to rescan?

Sorry to ask what probably seem stupid questions.

Regards
Johnny

Hi Zorch,

For well over £1500 I got the TM7102, an 88cm motorised dish, a quad lnb a diablo thingy and the bracket etc. I installed the dish and ran the cables myself. Then I paid the company an extra £100 to come and set the dish up. I did not get any subscriptions to anything because the company implied that I had 10,000 channels to chose from!!!

Regards

Johnny

Hi thijss26,

Thank you for the quick reply. I did pay the company that I purchased the system from to install the latest updates! But how do I check to see if they have? How long would it take to do the list that you gave me? What channels do I have to rescan?

Sorry to ask what probably seem stupid questions.

Regards
Johnny
if you press 8281 while watching a channel if this brings you into the secret menu your tm is patched
or in the main menu check in system information if you have phanth0m patch 115 as firmware
the whole list itself takes about 15 minutes the only thing that might take a while is rescanning all sats in use,sometimes i do this and sometimes i don't but it is the adviced way of doing an update.
£1500 is a lot of money if you had to install it yourself and seems a bit small for a motorised dish with a bit of rain you will have signal loss with some sats depending on your location.
there is no such thing as a stupid question we were all there at some stage when we had no idea where to start

if you press 8281 while watching a channel if this brings you into the secret menu your tm is patched
or in the main menu check in system information if you have phanth0m patch 115 as firmware
the whole list itself takes about 15 minutes the only thing that might take a while is rescanning all sats in use,sometimes i do this and sometimes i don't but it is the adviced way of doing an update.
£1500 is a lot of money if you had to install it yourself and seems a bit small for a motorised dish with a bit of rain you will have signal loss with some sats depending on your location.
there is no such thing as a stupid question we were all there at some stage when we had no idea where to start

Hi, I have checked the system information and it says:
Model: TM-7102HD - T2 super
S/W version: 1.14p (Aug 31 2011)
H/W version: 1.00
Boot version: 5.10
Ch version: FO13+STD001

I cant see any mention of firmware patch.

Hi Burtonian. It's the p in 1.14p that gives it away - so yes it is patched, but from what thijss says that's one behind the latest 115. m.

now confirm if secret menu opens while watching a tv channel press "8281" on your remote your tm will look for your pin if you did not change this it will be default "0000" this brings you into the server menu how to use this is explained here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/189322/ have a good read of that thread various problems are discussed there make sure to upgrade to phanth0m patch 115 so you will be able after upgrade to use this https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/275684/
and also load latest softcam to your tm this will open some hacked channels for you with the latest keys these change every so often but always look for the latest one here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/253293/#post2023059 normally tells you what's open with them on what sat the only thing is there is no patch for the 7102 to open canaal digitaal nl @ 19.2e but most other should open for you with the latest patch 115.
Also one big difference between original tm s/w and -p.s/w is with the original when you start up your tm you will get a screen with a big motorised dish on it with patched s/w it will stay black/blanc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the quick replies. It looks like I have some serious reading this morning.
Whilst watching a channel I entered 8281 but nothing happend! By that I mean that when I pressed 8 a box appeared, so I pressed the other numbers and that was it. I did it a second time but I didn't know what to do next.

Another couple of newbie questions.
1. When I do a factory reset will I have to get someone to reset my satellite dish/motor.
2. In stages 5 and 5.5 you say to load files. Do I have to put them onto a memory stick?
3. In stage 6 when I do the factory reset dosent it wipe out what I have just done?
4. In stage 7 where do I find the cndf file? If its my backed up channel list should I name it when I save it so that I can find it again?
5. How do I rescan all channels in use?

first of all factory reset will clear memory for channellists and setups not the actual firmware upgrades and old patches/firmware get moved to memory as far as i understand but if these won't get removed may result into bugs/problems if you go into your file manager before factory reset you can find bits of the old patches/firmware there not always but sometimes depends on how big the changes on the s/w is.
but it's very important to backup your channellist cause all your settings for the tuners and motor are in this too.your cndf is just this your cndf file if you opload this to your usb device this wil be yours unless you load someone elses cndf file you can always find your cndf file.
you can rescan your channels in the instalation menu >auto navigation menu and ok on all sats that you use and put network search on and start search i would only use four sats 13+19.2+23.5+28.2/28.5 east and this takes about 40 minutes so if you use a lot of sats it might be best to start before you go to bed (but i know that some people don't do this unless they lost some channels or have problems with some channels)
for now you will have to put files onto a usb device (unziped of course) but once you upgraded to 115 you can do it with your network from pc

Had a bit of a mess up... Somehow I seem to have overwritten my cndf file. I did copy it to my pc but I cant find how to read it as apposted to write it to my TM7102.... So at the moment I am scanning a couple of satellites.
I thought that I had put the 115 patch on but the system still shows 1.14.

make sure you do your updates in the usb menu>transferdatamenu here is also where you upload your channelist you can't overwrite your channelist so it should still be there you load it into your tm by srcolling through you file list and ok on the file you want to load to your tm

Hi burtonian2011
I hope they were using ky jelly or some such when they rode you for that price, post the name and address of where you got screwed so no one else buys from that company,
Anyway whats done is done (no pun intended)
they guys on here are brilliant for technomates, it will be worth it when you get your new receiver working properly,
Best of luck Dlb

Sorry guys but here is another newbie with what might sound some stupid questions !!
1) My system has the following info
S/W version: 1.12 (Jul 8 2011)
H/W version: 1.10
When looking at the downloads on the Technomate site the latest s/w update i See is TM7102HDT2_111 27- May- 2011
So surely I am more up to date ? Confused

2) When loading a patch or latest softcam how exactly do I get it from USB to teh receiver and do I have to do a factory reset each time

3) Any idea when I go to the link for softcams (Download center) my Norton anti virus says it is a malicious site ?

And you thought you asked basic questions Burtonian 2011

Thanks in advance for your help

Sorry guys but here is another newbie with what might sound some stupid questions !!
1) My system has the following info
S/W version: 1.12 (Jul 8 2011)
H/W version: 1.10
When looking at the downloads on the Technomate site the latest s/w update i See is TM7102HDT2_111 27- May- 2011
So surely I am more up to date ? Confused

2) When loading a patch or latest softcam how exactly do I get it from USB to teh receiver and do I have to do a factory reset each time

3) Any idea when I go to the link for softcams (Download center) my Norton anti virus says it is a malicious site ?

And you thought you asked basic questions Burtonian 2011

Thanks in advance for your help
read all the posts in this thread and all the answers are there
download center is not for softcams but for patches and latest patch is 115 ignore norton

Welcome Bluesaf3, Its nice to know that I'm not the only newbie.
Is it possible to make the inbox bigger? I keep having to delete my messages...
How do I scan a frequency

Thanks thijss26. I will re-read the thread a bit closer.
Burtonian2011 - thanks for the welcome. Guess you're not the newest newbie anymore !!!

One more question if I may thijss26. Do you have to install patches in sequence. i.e can I install 114 without doing 113 etc beforehand or are patches independent of each other.

you scan a transponder(frequency) by going into the the advanced search option when you ok on the transponder thats there the list of all the transponders that you have on that sat pops up if the transponder that you want is not there ok on any of them and press the green button for add transponder enter the details and press red button for scan just make sure that network search is off.
and you can install any patch at any time just the latest would be more uptodate and make sure you follow the adviced way of installing.

Back