How to FTP manually to dreambox DVB-S via FTP progs

K

kirit

Thanks first to stillabrummie her newbies guide was good but my question is a bit different

ive run a search on your forum for an answer to my different and a bit more specific question which is as follows:

I have a dreambox 5620s its a DVB-S receiver as opposed to many members who have DVB-C receivers.
The DB has been flashed with a fairly recent gemini image and i know that it is possible to install many cams via the remote control.

However i wish to install the GBox cam, but i do not know how to FTP to my dreambox, as ive never needed to do it before.

Is there a guide available, or can another member please provide me with detailed instructions as to how i can FTP the Gbox cam from my laptop to my dreambox?

my laptop is old so it has the correct connection for a null modem cable

i have a null modem cable and the dreambox is currently connected via ethernet to my router. i also have the Total commander and the FTP commander programs- but dont know how to use either program.

As i stated my situation is different to other members who used dreamboxes which were DVB-C and needed to input things such as keylists (that doesnt apply to me as my receiver is a DVB-S receiver)

thank you

go into the communications settings on your dreambox and make a note of the IP, itll prob be something like 192.168.1.99

in your FTP programme the address you want to connect to will be the dreambox IP, the default login details are username :root password :dreambox

once you enter these and the FTP prog connects youll see the list of folders inside the receiver (DVB-S and DVB-c are pretty much the same) so if you have the gbox installer copy it to the folder youll see called tmp then itll be available for installation via the manual install option in the blue button menu

you can also install key lists just like cable boxes, for most things these go in the folder var/keys

thank you (both)
is there an FTP prog you can advise me to use- simple and easy one please

the one i use is cute ftp, it has to be simple for me to use m8 ;)

thanks again- do u know a site that i can download cute ftp from- im going to try download.com/ cnet first

im also tryng to find the download section on here for a new gbox installer- mine is pretty old now- dont suppose u know where it is do you?

lol once i have those im going to give it a shot, but do u mind if i respond to this thread and ask your advice when i go wrong please?

thanks in advance

Back