How much to repair damage to this car?

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
How much you guys reckon for repairing this?
Its an Astra
astrau.jpg

Has you protected your claims, I have and I am entitled to 1 claim without it going against me. My mum had same problem when some tit pulled off from behind her ( No jokes please :)) and marked her bumper so she claimed it and got whole car re sprayed and it does not affect her at all. She just paid her excess.

Depends on how good a job your after. I'll guess at £350

350 for that?? lol jeez dutcho no wonder you spend loads on cars. Down here that would cost around 75 quid.

PS: not including the wheels

If it was damage done by another and its a split claim then I reckon you can get it all fixed for half your excess.

Happened to us and the guy reversed into our car but denied it, they called it a 50/50 and we only had to pay half our excess.

Car all fix and it didn't impact on our protected no claims.

I had very similar on my car recenlty I was quoted from between £450 and £600 from various bodyshops.

I ended up getting chips away they charged me £110 and done a 1st class job!

i had simlar marks on a red focus it cost £180 at one garage but was quoted £140 all in at another, i went for the cheaper one and they did a great job. Just go around local body repair garages.

less than 200 here in birmingham
pm me if you want it done i'll give you details of garage

thats easy a bit of sanding and filler

then etching primer and basecoat

quick sand via very very very fine grit wet an dry

clear coat and good machine polish and looks like new!

im supprised at the quotes u guys are giving

i reackon £50 - £75 should fix that

i got a full body kit sprayed for £200 and mint job

I clipped my neighbours car and did far less damage than that (was a dent twice the size of a thumbprint). I apologised, and told him to get a quote and I will give him the cash for it. I expected that he could easily have the dent pulled out and would cost something like £100-£150 at most given most garages rip you off for such things.

He comes back with a quote for £450 ! I told him I wasn't going to have the p1ss taken and I had been good enough to own up although I could have not mentioned it. So I gave him my insurance details instead.

Next thing I know he has got a brand new VW Golf outside his house, then 4 WEEKS later he gets his R reg rover back.

On my next insurance renewal the new insurance company want to know how much the "paid out" amount was on the claim ....

£2,045 was the answer !

His car could only have been worth £500 at the very most.

I clipped my neighbours car and did far less damage than that (was a dent twice the size of a thumbprint). I apologised, and told him to get a quote and I will give him the cash for it. I expected that he could easily have the dent pulled out and would cost something like £100-£150 at most given most garages rip you off for such things.

He comes back with a quote for £450 ! I told him I wasn't going to have the p1ss taken and I had been good enough to own up although I could have not mentioned it. So I gave him my insurance details instead.

Next thing I know he has got a brand new VW Golf outside his house, then 4 WEEKS later he gets his R reg rover back.

On my next insurance renewal the new insurance company want to know how much the "paid out" amount was on the claim ....

£2,045 was the answer !

His car could only have been worth £500 at the very most.

Someone ran into a van I had a few years back. Body shop quoted £2600 to fix it , but the other guys insurance werent willing to pay that for a repair as the van was only valued at £3300.

Any way long story short, the guys insurance took 13 weeks to sort it out.
In the meantime Help Hire had given me a courtesy vehicle which was costing them £70 per day.

So they had to pay me £3300 for the van, £6370 for the courtesy vehicle and the body shop hit them for £800 for storing the van.

Total....£10470.

All for the sake of a £2600 repair lol.

and we wonder why insurance is so feckin dear..

Back