How much for a basic arial installation.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
My mum needs an outdoor arial installed on her Chimney.

What sort of price should she expect to pay to have one supplied and fitted, nothing fancy, just something that'll allow her to view FreeView.

i bought a good outdoor aerial and stuck it in the loft and it worked a treat m8 it was about £24 from the bay.
If you want the link just say.
Easy enough to diy i would think if you could put it in the loft.

She lives in a downstair flat mate, no loft. :(

our local installer charges £35 for an installaion for pensioners, worth mentioning to the installer that shes a pensioner.

our local installer charges £35 for an installaion for pensioners, worth mentioning to the installer that shes a pensioner.

Wow, now that's the sort of price I'm after.

Believe it or not, but anyone that I've asked locally has guessed between £100 - £150, but all these quotes have come from a friend of a friend of a friend IYKWIM, no-one can give me a real price.

I charge £50 for an install and £35 for a high gain Ariel including cable and nibs you should defiantly not pay more then £100 thats for a high gain Ariel even with an extra room.

Shame you do not have a loft as mentioned above as you can do a decent diy for under £30

My local alarm place sells 100 meters of white double bradded cable for around £20

£150 Is scandalous mate for a OAP

Last edited:
I charge £50 for an install and £35 for a high gain Ariel including cable and nibs you should defiantly not pay more then £100 thats for a high gain Ariel even with an extra room.

U fancy driving to Glasgow mate? ;)

lol

if she is in a ground floor flat how high are you having the arial put because of planning and neighbours if you can reach the height then DIY from a pair of steps

edogg

I think a £80 to a tons a good quote, a lot depends on site good reception area £10 aieral cradle and lashing kit £10 cable clips coaxial plug £10 so that's about £30 +labour will do. some places a £50 aerial + mast amp £20 chimney cradle £30 3m pole £20 £10 cable and bits.

My granda paid £110 supply and fit onto his chimney

i thought that was a bit dear

he's in bellshill witchy, if you want i'll get the name of the firm who did it?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back