How much can you draw out of a bank account in one go?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know cash points have limits usually between £200 and £500 per day but in the branch I though providing you gave notice you could draw out any amount providing you have the funds available.

The mum in law has been told she can only draw out £5000 and has to give 2 working days notice. If she wants anymore she has to complete a number of forms and provide evidence of her identity.

Is this right?

You can withdraw any amount that you wish, just give them plenty of notice. Ask for fifty pound notes and ask to be given the money in a private room.

You will have to give a reason for wanting your own money.

I had this problem with Nationwide when buying a car, had to go two days and get £5000 each day, had to order it and show my passport, was pissed off with hassle.

drowed £15k couple of months ago...there was a bit of hassle but nothing much...gave them 2 days notice...i'm with lloyds...

Last time I withdrawn a decent amount of money they made me feel like a criminal.

Its a load of bollocks.

They blocked a card transaction of mine for no apparent reason so I called into the branch to get it as cash. I was told that I had to give 2 days notice to which I responded:

1) Its your fault im here in the first place.

2) If you don't give me it today you can have the full balance of my account here in cash in 2 days time as I am closing the account.

Its amazing how quickly they got the money together for me.

These days I dont have this problem as im skint :(

edc

got 22k out of my local lloyds 6 months ago, never even had to give notice they had it there. they asked what was it for and i said a car, and they said again lol.

I have withdrew 9k with no notice just showed my passport I walked in approx 10.30 they told me to come back just before 11.00 as there safe was on a timer.

I,ve never heard of having to give two days notice before hand, I would be unhappy to say the least?

your money is there you can get it, any day you want it? Im supprised at these posts, If you were a footballer wanting 50 grand for a bet ? you telling me they would need 2 days notice ?

Im supprised you even let your bank make you wait for such small amounts, its chicken feed compared to most of there customers,

either your full of shite are you wanna change your bank asap :proud:

Last edited:
I think sometimes it depends on the size of branch you use, and the day of the week/time of day.

I've had issues before, jumped in the car gone to a busier branch, and walked out with the money and an earbending about giving them more notice etc...

I was able to deposit quite a large amount in my local branch a few months ago.

After they had mopped it up, I was told never to return.

The court case is next Tuesday.

nice one, very clever :Clap: had to read it twice though lol

With Barclays they wanted a couple of days notice as well.

Back