Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long before the Newcastle fans......

"geordieboy" never a premiership player thats why we ditched him, a few of our lot aren't exactly premier either (just thought I'd pre-empt Dutch).

The present mackem team reminds me of the McCarthy era second rate players trying to do a top job and it never works.

I just think back to Steve Bull (Wolves), David Kelly for us they did a great job in the League Div 2 (forget the Championship) (wot a load of bollocks) but no good in League 1,thats why no-one would touch them, very few make it.

Keane rejected Chopra approach
Manager insists striker is going nowhere

By Lewis Rutledge Last updated: 23rd March 2008
Premier League Forecasts & Tricasts

Who'll finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the Premier League?
Man Utd /Chelsea/Liverpool - 33/1 or Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal - 7/1.
Place your first bet and we'll match it up to £20
Keane rejected Chopra approach

Sunderland manager Roy Keane has revealed that Cardiff tried to sign striker Michael Chopra.

Chopra joined The Black Cats from Cardiff last summer but he had struggled to make an impact in the Premier League until Saturday's clash with Aston Villa.

The 24-year-old netted his first goal from open play in seven months to give Sunderland a vital 1-0 victory at Villa Park.

The Bluebirds had been linked with a move for Chopra and Keane has confirmed that there was some truth in the reports, although he insists the player will not be leaving The Stadium of Light.

"How close was Chopra to going back to Cardiff? I can tell you it wasn't speculation. I get phone calls about lots of my players - but Michael is going nowhere.

Admiration

"I admire Dave Jones for chancing his arm. He fancied his chances of getting Michael back.

"There is nothing wrong with that. David got a very polite no from me - just like he was very helpful to me when I was trying to buy Chopra last summer."

Keane is now hopeful that Chopra will start to find the target more regularly to aid Sunderland's battle against relegation.

"We know if we create chances, Michael will score," Keane said.

"There is no doubt about that but obviously we've not been creating enough and in defence of him, I've been playing him out of position, wide right.

"Maybe the criticism against Michael has been slightly unfair but everyone, myself and the staff, are delighted with him."

My friend is a Newcastle fan, and already the realisation has sunk in that Keegan is not going to turn them around. Brings a smile to my face every time I mention it to him. :)

My friend is a Newcastle fan, and already the realisation has sunk in that Keegan is not going to turn them around. Brings a smile to my face every time I mention it to him. :)

dont see how he can say that when it's not his team m8.

if he spends in the summer and were still in the same boat come the end of next season then say that but untill then you just cant

I think he can, given time, turn them round, but then any of the past managers could of 'given time'

I just like the fact that as soon as he was announced as manager all the bar codes yelled how this was it, pmsl.

Well we did again Tottenham tanked 4-1 even Geremi scored,Keegans back on track,Mackems drop below us AGAIN and all is right with the world.

thats was the best performance i've seen from us for a long time and the first time we've scored 4 goals in the premiership for 2 years.

we were better than them throughout but when they scored i thought thats it open the floodgates,but for once proved me wrong

well pleased were above the mackems and smoggies like

i am well gutted too though if liverpool win as i put on a bet today took chelsea,liverpool,mk dons,toon............well i thought i took mkdons it wasnt till i got home and realised i ticked the grimsby box aarrrrggggggg last time i go to william hill,stick to ladrokes and the nice simple coupons now

Give it time krazy we can still get above youlot ;) Good result today for you lot well done.

Give it time krazy we can still get above youlot ;) Good result today for you lot well done.

Unfortunatley it ain't today either!

following another cracking dominating game by the B&W's and despite a glorious effort by the Mackems they still remain behind us in the league.:banana:

once again our 3 man attack numbs another team into submission following goals by Martins, Owen,Viduka and an improving Barton with a decent performance by Edgar keeps us in front of the Black Cats just as they will in the near future.

Hey I can live with it if we get 3 points everytime you do for the rest of the season :)

Hey I can live with it if we get 3 points everytime you do for the rest of the season :)

lol it was a good win for you's ian m8 and surely enough to stay in the premier next year..........hopefully.

it was a good game by newcastle and beye was excellent today and barton is getting better every game as is geremi still puzzled is o where n'zogbia is???? i think he'll be off to arsenal in the summer as wenger is a known admirer of him.

but well done to us and the mackems just hope that the smoggies beat the mancs today although i cant really see it like:(

Ah here, now, Newcastle fans are one of the best club fans in the world.
From what i Can tell, the newcastle fans would more like ashley to leave before king kev.
Even now, they are winning, but behind the scenes there's a bit more there which the press don't report on.
I don't trust ashley, he's another one of the dodgy club owners in the premiership along with Gillet and Hicks, and The Icelandic guy at west ham (Magnus Eggerson was only a face for the fans to see, the main guy is behind him)

Lets see what happens in the summer, hopefully you don't lose any more players, and sign a few decent defenders, and maybe some play-makers.

And liverpool to win the premiership next season (always next season :( )

Back