How I setup my DM7025 & upgraded from DM600

Sicilian

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly I’d like to thanks Hunter & a few others who have had some input through various forum threads.

Ok, this is how I set things up. Using dual cable tuners.

1. Saved services and bouquets to PC using dreambox edit.
2. Disconnected DM600 & connected DM7025+
3. Powered up to make sure all was ok before flashing Gemini 3.2.
4. Check that network settings are set to DHCP via menu > setup > system > network.
5. Rebooted by turning of power button & rear of box, hold down ‘down arrow button’ on front panel and power backup whilst keeping ‘down arrow button’ pressed.
6. Once stop & IP address shows on front LCD release arrow button.
7. Go to PC, open up internet explorer & type in box IP. Select firmware upgrade at bottom left of screen, then browse to firmware file that you intend to flash. I used Gemini 3.2. It will take a few moments to upload, then the screen will change and you will see a flashing progress bar. Once it says finished close your browser & reboot box using rear power switch.
8. On reboot select your language, then go through setup wizard and run a scan on each tuner. Setting as follows: - Manual scan, Type of scan = Single transponder, Frequency I believe can be left as it is (I initially set it to 491, can’t remember why, LOL), Inversion = Auto, Symbol rate = either 6887 or 6952 depending on your area, modulation = 64-QAM, FEC = ¾, network scan = on.
9. Once that’s done got fta channels to ensure all is ok.
10. Transferred keys to /usr/keys & scce files to /usr/scce, chmod755 both sets of files.
11. Reboot.
12. Once rebooted press blue button > addons > download (Gemini-server) > cam entries > I intalled MGcamd 1.24, 1.26 & 1.27. Then when to Cam-configs & installed MGcamd-config 1.24 – 08.07.2007.
13. Exit back to blue panel & set MGcamd 1.27 as default.
14. Press green button to start MGcamd 1.27.
15. Press yellow button to enable Auto-Camd.
16. Press red button for Auto-camd Settings, using left and right keys select MGcamd 1.27, exit back to tv & reboot.
17. Go to pay channel & wait for it to clear, can take up to 10mins.
18. Open DreamSet 2.13 attached below.
19. Go to setup set dreambox ip & set firmware to Engima 2 (DM7025).
20. Press test configuration & allow through firewall, a pop up will come up say ok. Is alls ok press save configuration.
21. Press transfer, then read. Your services will be transferred to PC. Enigma 2 uses a lamedb file not services as enigma 1.
22. Before you start messing with the files do a save as to folder, but do not give that lamedb file a name. This file will save you scanning again, unless you need to. This can simply be transferred back using DreamSet > transfer > write.
23. I then closed & re-opened DreamSet, pressed open & browsed to my saved services & bouquets that I’d taken from my DM600.
24. Press transfer > write, DreamSet converted the files to enigma 2 format on the fly & transferred my bouquets to the DM7025, saved resetting up all my bouquets. This saved loads of time! Once you write back DreamSet will send a command to re-boot your DM7025.

Well I think that was all I done LOL!

DreamSet can be used to create bouquets once you transfer your scanned services from your DM7025, and then you can write them back.

A little tip, once you’ve set your bouquets the epg will work better. Press ok > info (whilst info bar is showing) > yellow for single channel epg or blue for multi channel epg. If you press blue for multi channel epg, you will then select a bouquet. You then get a graphical epg showing now & next pressing blue for next & yellow for previous.

All the above is for information / educational purposes only and I will not be held responsible for the use of this information. If you break you box don’t blame me!

06/01/08 - Replaced attached files with those given by zaf786, working perfect with any softcam. Virtually instant decryption.

16/01/08 - Replaced keys & scce files with 100% tested fully auto up dating with Evocamd 2.17 & Mgcamd 1.27. All working perfect. Au's in approx 30 seconds. No freezing or anything experianced yet on either cam.

08/02/08 Replaced files becuase extracted scce folder had another scce sub folder.

Last edited:
nice one m8 glad you got it all working:)

good tutorial on your setup this might help a few people :)

been looking for something like dreamset :)

Cheers m8, what do you think about the 7025 compared to the 600? I am seriously thinking about getting a 7025 as it will save me having to use my humax5400 and 600 - and save a little space.

Cheers m8, what do you think about the 7025 compared to the 600? I am seriously thinking about getting a 7025 as it will save me having to use my humax5400 and 600 - and save a little space.

I think its great, only think that sucks atm is not having a working infobar & long epg like the pli plugin for the 600. Other than that I cant really fualt it. I'm sure pli will be releaseing better improved images in the near future. Picture quality & sound quality is superb, i'm using optical out btw.

Timeshift works perfect, just press pause to pause live tv, theres a now next epg & a graphical epg or single channel epg, its even go picture in picture!

Recording one channel whilest watching another works perfect too.

The only little bug i've found with Gemini 3.2 is that for some reason I cannot get even version of evocamd to work so am using MGcamd 1.24.

One thing i never mention in my post is that both tuners need a feed, set as follows: -

Tuners takes cable feed, output from tuner 1 loops through to input on tuner 2.

Dont forget its not as small as a DM600, its prob a bit smaller than your humax 5400.

I dont think that you watch tv on your pc though through the web interface like the DM600, prob cos images are still being developed or I might be missing something.

Btw, what 5400 have you got, is it one of the old ones with the serial port? If so you'll prob get reasonable money for it.

nice tut sicilian i bet it took some time to set it up..this should be made a
sticky for n00bs who are getting the dm 7025

Hi all,
Very nice job Sicillian on the step by step for the 7025. I have a question?
I am runing a 600T sucessfully in Ireland . (See previous posts) I have learned a lot from this forum and I'm fairly comfortable with setting up the 600T for Irish cable..MM**
Over Christmas my friend bought a new boxed DM 7025 fitted with twin "T" tuners. He wants to swap me for the working 600T. I said ok if i can get it to operate. What do you think? If I follow the steps above will it work.?
Any help appreciated.
D

Hi all,
Very nice job Sicillian on the step by step for the 7025. I have a question?
I am runing a 600T sucessfully in Ireland . (See previous posts) I have learned a lot from this forum and I'm fairly comfortable with setting up the 600T for Irish cable..MM**
Over Christmas my friend bought a new boxed DM 7025 fitted with twin "T" tuners. He wants to swap me for the working 600T. I said ok if i can get it to operate. What do you think? If I follow the steps above will it work.?
Any help appreciated.
D

Take it & run lol. Has it got twin C tuners?

The 7025 has two "T" (terresterial) tuners. Don't know why it came that way but I figured that as my DM600 needed to be a "T" tuner to work, one of the T tuners in the 7025 should at least get me back to what the 600T was giving me?
I thought then that I could buy an "S" tuner (in the future) and get a dish up for all the other cool stuff.

If I do the same procedure that you listed above will the 7025 with the T tuner give me back what I had on the 600T ??
Any info appreciated.
D

I've got no idea m8, the above is for setting up with cable. I'd imagine the scan would be differant & thers no need for emu.

yes m8 do the swap

with twin tuners record and still watch tv on the other tuner

but like you said you can buy a sat tuner when you want to play with sat

side of things

on the dm7025 you get a few extra things on them :)

did it come with a hdd in it , if not it takes a 3.5 inch ide hdd if you have one knocking about :)

No H/D in the box but it came with a ribbon/power cable kit for the H/D. I thought about putting in the H/D if I do the swap.
I need to do more research first though so that i can get the 7025 up and running and operating like the 600T.
Fun times ahead I suspect!!
D

the setup is more or less the same as the dm600

make your bouquets

do a scan

add your channels to the bouquets

ftp your keys and scce folders to /usr/

add your emu over internet or manually

restart your box :)

Magic!
I'll have a go and let you all know.
Lets see how far i get before i have to post a question.
Thanks
D

Success at last

Hi all,

I have a 7025 with a sat and cable tuner installed. I have it over a year and have been threatening to one day get it working. Thanks to this forum and its contributors that day has arrived!:Biggrin2:
Been reading posts and they have been invaluable, a big thanks goes to Westkill, Sicillian, Alanbk and Zaf7896.
I am running LT's third challenge and like westkill find this the best.
I used the browser to flash the image through a router set as dhcp server.
I used flashfxp to transfer keys and scce and found this really easy to use, there is a good tut on this in the guides section. Noticed you must use 'root' as user and 'dreambox' as password
and not dbox as in guide.
I had the same problem as Sicillian using evocamd but found when i deleted all the cams installed and just kept evocamd christmas fix 31/12/07 and used this it decrypted straight away,

thanks to one and all :Biggrin2::Biggrin2::Biggrin2:

Hi

You mention "evocamd christmas fix 31/12/07 ".
Where can i download this please?

Back