How Does USALS work

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering how USALS works as I have tried the other method of using the Diseqc 1.2 and moving the dish on the motor that way.
It is just I here so much about USALS is there a guide to it. Do i need to download an updated list to install on my box. I only have a Techomate 5400 CI at the moment as just want to get things up and running before going on to hopefully play with a linux box once i get my head around the basic stuff.
I managed to find Thor today so was happy. Also got 13E Hotbird. Was wondering why I do not get a picture on some channels even though it says good signal and it is free. Anybody know why this is.

Thanks for all the advice so far I am getting there slowly. Will hopefully get a full arc soon!

USALS works from your latitude and longitude, the receiver then knows where you are in relation to the satellites and moves the motor accordingly to your chosen one, then calculates the offset for the rest, if your box supports it then it supports it you dont need to downlaod anything else.
Have you entered your long & lat into the receiver correctly?

I have looked at it, but how do I put a negative number into it?

As my Longitude is a minus number so how do i put this into the system.

I am using a techomate 5400,

plus and minus would equate to east or west, minus being west and plus being east.

west< (-) 0degress (+) > east

so just put ur longitude and latitude, can be got from various sat converters or using google earth.

Just put the number in without the minus i.e. -6 becomes just 6

Thanks for the information,

I have been away so will try when I get back.

Thanks

USALS works from your latitude and longitude, the receiver then knows where you are in relation to the satellites and moves the motor accordingly to your chosen one, then calculates the offset for the rest, if your box supports it then it supports it you dont need to downlaod anything else.
Have you entered your long & lat into the receiver correctly?

Hi,

I have just ,moved house, how do I find out my USALS so I can enter the correct ones into my receiver?

Is it possible to use USALS setting if you are using a 1.2 Diseqc motor, or would you need another type of motor?
I;m trying to scan for different sat positions on my new F5 Box, my old TM5400 worked OK with the 1.2 Diseqc motor and 1.1M dish.
I have tuned into Astra 28 degrees bu struggling as the other sat. positions are missing.

Is it possible to use USALS setting if you are using a 1.2 Diseqc motor, or would you need another type of motor?
I;m trying to scan for different sat positions on my new F5 Box, my old TM5400 worked OK with the 1.2 Diseqc motor and 1.1M dish.
I have tuned into Astra 28 degrees bu struggling as the other sat. positions are missing.

hi akb
i would check your dish is correctly aligned, and lat/long is also correct and usals/diseq will find sat positions
regards TL

Back