How do you manually enter keys into Dbox2 ?

parker13

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been searching for ages and can' figure out where they go? Perhaps someone in the know could explain, might help a lot of people.

Hi mate,

From your remote control press blue and then select tux box commander.
Select the directory named VAR and then highlight keys.txt and press 4, from here it will show you a set of keys that you can edit with your remote, just done mine and its working again.

hope this helps:Cheers:

Guide to enter keys

This was found on another site, hope it helps.

Guide to changing the Key codes on Nokia D box via remote control

NOTE: When I refer to scroll in text below, I mean using the Toggle buttons that are around the OK button on the remote control, the button below the OK you use to scroll down, the one above use to scroll up and down, the buttons to the left & right you use to move left & right. If you make a mistake and you want to go back to the start, press the home button and don’t save changes. To get started follow instructions below:
. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK.
You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.
. Scroll to VAR and press ok, If you don’t see VAR, scroll to <DIR> & press ok, if you still don’t see VAR scroll to the next <DIR> and press ok, keep doing this until VAR appears on the screen!
. When you find the VAR file and you press OK, scroll to Keys & press OK
. Scroll to Keylist.txt and press 4 on your remote control! It is important that you don’t press OK when you scroll to keylist.txt , you must press 4 in order to edit the code that will appear! If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.
After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with /var/keys/keylist.txt at the top, 4 or 5 codes in the middle and numbers 1 to 9 at the bottom.
Now you need to scroll to the code that you are going to change, e.g old code is as follows:
DO NOT POST KEYS
We are only changing one digit this time, in future you may have to change more digits.
When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!
. Scroll to the digit you want to change, and then use the numbers on your remote to change that digit to whatever character you want, e.g. if you want to change the digit to 3 , you press the number 3 button four times until 3 appears, the press ok. The same would apply if you want to change it to 4, you press the number 4 button on your remote four times and press OK.
. When you have changed the digit to the new one, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, if you are happy with the new change, scroll to yes and press OK.
. You should now have changed the code, to get back to the TV screen, press home.
. In order for the changes to work you need to reboot, press the D box button and scroll to reboot and press OK. When it reboots you channels should be back!

SORRY ABOUT THE KEYS DEVILFISH BUT THEY WERE OLD IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN

Last edited:
Just looked in my dbox2 & my keys list.txt was blank so i stuck them keys in, Just wondering if it will work. Im using evocamd

I done it through the remote and got it after a few attempts. good luck

I have edited the nagra file instead of keylist.txt and that has worked. (Thanks to Xenafan for that)

This was found on another site, hope it helps.

Now you need to scroll to the code that you are going to change, e.g old code is as follows:
DO NOT POST KEYS
We are only changing one digit this time, in future you may have to change more digits.
When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!

Hi, i get a little confused on step 6 of the guide. I get about 12 lines of codes appearing on mine, so just wanted to know which codes do i actually change and what do i change them to? do i have to download the codes from somewhere?

Thanks

Just look at the dates and change the two that were updated last

Anyone got the keys from bigmaqs site to work for telewest, tuxbox shows the correct keys but still only getting free to view ?

Woot 100% back on i changed all the keys to the same as 00 and 01 new keys downloaded from here worth my 17 quid subscription everytime you guys are my heros
well done to all who sorted this within a few hours for us all ,btw do we know why the keys didnt update as before?and will there a more permenent resolve ie new images released...

dont do what i did though and screw up chanel lists by rescaning lol

thanks again

someone asked for a link if inapropriate delete it by all means
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2231/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, I would appreciate if anyone could send me the keys for the C+W area as i just cant seem to find it.

Thanks

Telwest 8/04/08 19:09pm UK

TELEWEST -

theyre in the link above in my post or look in the downloads section

After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with /var/keys/keylist.txt at the top, 4 or 5 codes in the middle and numbers 1 to 9 at the bottom.

i get nothing in the middle got everything else what am i doing wrong

Back