VU+ Solo How do I update channel list

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a vu solo that has a vix image dated may 2013. I originally bought as a spare & never used but my duo died yesterday. Is there a button combination to press to get a new channel list or failing that an app (I normally use vhannibal motor list & would prefer to use that ). On the duo (using blackhole ) I pressed a couple of buttons & it gave me the option to download a new channel list but I'm not finding it on the solo with vix image. Where would I ftp the vhannibal list if I had downloaded it onto a pc ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk 2

Got a vu solo that has a vix image dated may 2013. I originally bought as a spare & never used but my duo died yesterday. Is there a button combination to press to get a new channel list or failing that an app (I normally use vhannibal motor list & would prefer to use that ). On the duo (using blackhole ) I pressed a couple of buttons & it gave me the option to download a new channel list but I'm not finding it on the solo with vix image. Where would I ftp the vhannibal list if I had downloaded it onto a pc ?

Follow this guide mate for manual install

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/linux-receiver-settings-500/369071-how-transfer-channel-list.html

Flash Blackhole on @goldeneagle1 and you will have it just like before :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ferret,rat thanks for the help, I went the dreamset way & give vix another try, although I'm used to blackhole. Surely there must be a plug in to be able to do this using just the receiver, on the blackhole image it's so easy to do & all done with a few presses on the remote.

Would this be due to the vix image I'm using being out of date ( may 2013 ) & I should mention it's a v3 clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back