how do i tell if speakers blown or its an amp issue

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so ive a sony 7.1 amp with a set of yamaha speakers,been working great until a few days ago when the little one decided to see how loud it would go,since then the front speaker has really quiet and distorted sound,i took one of the surround speakers and hooked it up to the front connection and the sound was fine-figured ok speaker dead

just out of curiosity i hooked the front speaker up to the fl position and from what i could tell it seemed fine to me couldnt hear anything wrong with the sound coming out of it-so i put the speaker back in the cnt position but its still iffy-im assuming blown speaker here but i want to be sure before i buy more-wouldnt mind but the damn things are less than 4 month old--bleeding kids

so i was wondering if theres any tricks to checking your speaker for faults(or the amp for that matter)

The rear surround dont get driven as much as the fronts hence why it probably sounded ok can you not swap your rear to the front?

Failing that go buy a new set of fronts :)

What model are the speakers?

i would swap em over if it was that easy,but my surround speakers are wall mounted little boxes,and the centre one is long and thin,model erm yamaha nx c270 are the speakers

Can't really find any thing on the speakers..
Didn't realise when you said front you meant centre speaker hence why the swap option..
Only other thing is to buy a new centre speaker or a full set of matching fronts.

couple of options to buy are richersounds or have a look on avforum for some good second user stuff.

Back