iPod how do I tell a IPod Touch has been jailbroken

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyway to tell if a Ipod Touch 3rd Gen has been jailbroken

If you press and hold an app as if you were going to delete it, and you either dont have an x in the top corner or a red x.
Thats if there has been some apps installed via cydia or installous.

Hi mate do u mean at anytime or now ?

just got an IPod touch 3 gen 8 GB from CEX and wanted to know if it was jailbroken or not.. and if it isnt whats the risk of jailbreaking it and what advantage do I get with it jailbroken

Hi mate you will know if its jail broken as you will have this icon
untitled-21.jpg
lots of advantages mate cracked apps, games tweaks and themes, but its all down to personal choice if you just want it to play music and you are happy then no need to jailbreak, if its already jailbroken again you can either install or update itunes if you have it installed just update , and restore initunes , let me know how you get on mate either way can help you out and please read some of the stickies in the apple section

If you press and hold an app as if you were going to delete it, and you either dont have an x in the top corner or a red x.
Thats if there has been some apps installed via cydia or installous.

Install Cydelete and this gives you the X to delete Cydia and Installous Apps ;)

Hi mate you will know if its jail broken as you will have this icon
untitled-21.jpg
lots of advantages mate cracked apps, games tweaks and themes, but its all down to personal choice if you just want it to play music and you are happy then no need to jailbreak, if its already jailbroken again you can either install or update itunes if you have it installed just update , and restore initunes , let me know how you get on mate either way can help you out and please read some of the stickies in the apple section

ok thanks for that, cant see the icon so not jailbroken

the model is MC086BT and version 4.1

I assume all tutorial and links to how to jailbreak it is on this site and also whats the chance of bricking it.. I have modded psp, wii, xbox and other devices so am clued up on what to do..

ok thanks for that, cant see the icon so not jailbroken

the model is MC086BT and version 4.1

I assume all tutorial and links to how to jailbreak it is on this site and also whats the chance of bricking it.. I have modded psp, wii, xbox and other devices so am clued up on what to do..

yep you can jailbreak here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/247227/ theres always a chance something can go wrong mate but if any probs you can restore the easiest method is limera1n in the link see how you gat on , before you do mate sync your iphone in itunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back