VU+ Duo how do i load a back up image into another vu duo

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
ive just flashed the latest vix image build on to my duo and I have saved a backup onto a usb - on the usb it shows as a folder saying backup then when I click on the backup folder it shows a WinRAR file that ends in .tar how do I load this backup onto another receiver as ive never done this before ?

will it read automatically like a full flash or do I need to covert it or something ?

thanks in advance

squig007

ive just flashed the latest vix image build on to my duo and I have saved a backup onto a usb - on the usb it shows as a folder saying backup then when I click on the backup folder it shows a WinRAR file that ends in .tar how do I load this backup onto another receiver as ive never done this before ?

will it read automatically like a full flash or do I need to covert it or something ?

thanks in advance

squig007

Think you may have backed up user settings and not the full image both options are available.

ok how do i back up the hole image with settings so i can reload it onto another box ?

thansk mate

squig

Click Blue Button Once
Select VIX and click OK
Select Image Manager
If you use use the <> button on the remote you can select the location to store image.
Now press the green button to back the image up.

Then ftp in to retrieve backup

do you mean ftp to take backup from box and save onto pc then load onto usb to flash onto new reciever ?

thanks pal one last question what folder when im in ftp do i retrieve the back up from ?

thanks for all your help btw

squig

should be a folder in their called backup or imagebackups..shud be in there, well on the blackhole image its like that but should be similar..look for something called either of the ones i mentioned..

Back