How do I change/reset my Dreambox's FTP password?

torchi12

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a dm800se and I want to install tuxbox commander so that I can reset the FTP password and be able to use software such as Dreamboxedit.

I have tried using Google to get an answer but everyone said basically the same thing;
* Go to bluepanel
* Choose 'addons'
* either install tuxbox commander and go to 'plugins' or "choose gemini server"
There is no "Gemini server".
I found 'tuxbox'(which was already installed) but not 'tuxbox commander'.

When I go to the main menu -> information -> about I see the following:
GP3
Enigma2: ramiMAHER-
Image: Release 3.2.3 2013-04-04
Frontprocessor version: 3

In bluepanel -> information -> about I found:
Gemini-version: 0.54-r1
Kernel: 2.6.18

Thanks in advance

So do we take it you don't know your current password ?

If you have the tsmedia panel installed you can do it from that in the tools option I think.

There are plugins I could install to reset the password but if I can install it from usb / shared folder on my computer.
Is there a way to do that? If so, how?

OK, I seem to have solved my problem, here's how in case someone finds this thread with the same problem.

Menu -> installation('Setup' in English? The second-to-last option) -> software management-> advanced -> manage packets
at this point it will load a ton of packets, the one you want to install is "enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-setpasswd".

It will restart your dreambox, when it's done go to
Menu -> Installation('Setup'?) -> System
Now go to the bottom of the list and look for "Change Root Password"
It will create a random password. If you want to choose your own password press the blue button on your remote for "virt. Keyboard" and type in your password.
Now that you have chosen your new password, press the green button on your remote to set the password.

Last edited:
Back