How can I stream from dreambox to pc?

s.ahmed

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have the DW 1.6.5 image on my 500c, working well and communicating via ftp etc.

This image does not give me an option under blue button to install add ons (so cannot install vlc frontend).

I want to be able to watch and control my dreambox on my pc. I know this is possible for people with the DK image but i'm not having any joy with the DW 1.6.5 image.

I can connect to the enigma interface, from which web-x-tv nor vcl are working for me.

Does anyone have any kind suggestions?

I have the DW 1.6.5 image on my 500c, working well and communicating via ftp etc.

This image does not give me an option under blue button to install add ons (so cannot install vlc frontend).

I want to be able to watch and control my dreambox on my pc. I know this is possible for people with the DK image but i'm not having any joy with the DW 1.6.5 image.

I can connect to the enigma interface, from which web-x-tv nor vcl are working for me.

Does anyone have any kind suggestions?

hi m8
try a google search for a programe called (mFarag dreambox viewer) it works great and uses Windows Media Player not vlc which seems to be having issues with audio
heres a write up about it
view,record and control dreambox 500 or 600 on pc by one program

The program is based upon streaming video from dreambox to computer by aid of windows media player and to control dreambox by built in web xtv.
ability to record to computer harddisk by two way
leave you to discover other features.

cheers johny48

Hello,

mFaraj works on D500S although picture is dancing a lot and very interlaced.
So far I was not able to make it clear.

Can someone confirm having clear picture on streams?

Cheers ;)

i use bitcontrol on the pc, i used this with dw1.65 image, am on dw 2.1

there are no changes needed on the dreambox, install bitcontrol on pc and it will create an icon and all you need to do is add the ip of you dream and away you go, then you can use any media player vlc, windows media player, classic media player.
i have found you cant watch tv on the pc if you are recording to a nas drive but i suspect this is a limitation of the output not being able to send the same data to two different ip (pc and nas).
works very well most channel are pixilation free, i have upgraded to bitcontrol ver 4.0 and it seems very stable.

hi m8
try a google search for a programe called (mFarag dreambox viewer) it works great and uses Windows Media Player not vlc which seems to be having issues with audio
heres a write up about it
view,record and control dreambox 500 or 600 on pc by one program

The program is based upon streaming video from dreambox to computer by aid of windows media player and to control dreambox by built in web xtv.
ability to record to computer harddisk by two way
leave you to discover other features.

cheers johny48

this looks good thanks johny

install firefox mozilla browser on your pc making sure you install the add ons when installing.connect the box up to your router and type the boxes ip in the browser , enter user and psswd.
select channel hit the "WEB TV" tab on the left and your done.

Back