Hot Water

mike361

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So folks i seemed to have developed an issue with my shower this is what happens:

I turn it on maybe after about 5-10 minutes it will turn stone cold .i have tried to turn the dial up to max but this makes no differance it just stays cold, I then have to turn it of for a minute of two then back on then the same thing happens annoying to say the least.

Details :

Shower : Mira Combiforce 415
Boiler : Vokera Compact 29HE

So i have tested the following as i thought it could of been the mixer shower so when it did go cold i got my other half to feel the pipes at the boiler and they were stone cold so my guess it has something to do with the boiler and not the shower itself.

Heating works fine never drops out ever, Dials on the boiler are turned max aswell as the pressure is steady at 1.5bar.

Cheers

Mike

on my old unit there as a solenoid on both outlet pipe , the one to the central heating was fine but hot water one wasnt opening ,l swapped them to check and the central heating stopped working and the hot water worked , so replaced it ,, all good , that was a ferroli boiler

Simple test M8 - turn on a hot tap when the shower goes cold. Does the tap run hot? If yes, shower fault, if no then it's a boiler fault. Your boiler is a combi - all valves are in the boiler so you would need a Gas Safe plumber to sort it.

Back