Home Security Camera System

bfn.telephones

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hey y'all, what's a good wired camera system for home? Looking to put in at least 4 cameras around the house.

Hey y'all, what's a good wired camera system for home? Looking to put in at least 4 cameras around the house.
My bit of advice would be don't get a 4 channel system. Get at least 8 cos once you have the 4 in you will want more. I done that and wanted more and have gone to a 8 channel system now. My bruv took my advice and went with 8 channel and now wants 16 or more. You can go with the 4 cameras for now on at least a 8 channel system but that gives you the option to add more which I know you will.

Some wireless cameras have a battery life of several months. This will make installation much easier.

What camera did you decide to install? And was it good?
I also look for home security cameras and would appreciate an honest review. Our neighborhood is quite unsafe, and I want to keep my house protected from any possible burglars. My wife and I have just bought this house, and we really want it to stay safe. We have recently immigrated, and we’re afraid that we can become a particular target for criminals because of that. Back home, I would hire to help protect the house and install the security equipment.
So, it drives me to the question: What are the best security companies in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one pointed at front door it's a wansview, put SD card in for recording, mains, wireless or connection lead.
Bit surprised,joined 2020 and its your first post @stagbucarpruspe , 😳

My cctv system is a left field, I run Blue Iris on a Win10 desktop and have cams connected via a POE+ switch. Cams are all wired using cat5e, read about problems with wireless cams and didn’t want the headache.

Cams are all Dahua, combination of 2Mp and 4Mp cams which I picked for their night time low light performance. Most cams will perform OK during the day but what separates them is their night time performance, so make sure you check that before parting with your money. Mp size is not the be it and end it, you need to check the actual sensor size against its Mp resolution. So when I got my 2Mp cams they had the largest sensor available at that time, same for the 4Mp cams.

Hikvision Look the budget are end decent enough. I used an old Skybox 1T hard drive their perfect for the job.

£200 should get you everything you need from cameras cables DVR and all the nicky bits

OP has not been on the forum since April last year and never replied in the thread 🙄

If you are not concerned about Chinese products then the Hikvision cameras are good quality at a reasonable cost and they also have a turbo range that allow the use of existing Coax infrastructure to provide HD quality images.

Back