Home networking

ITS ME. lol i had SP2 the 2nd computer, it kept having problems with network. eg, resets the settings automaticly, so i now have sp1 the 2nd computer.
works PERFECTLY. have removed wires million times. lol

yikes lolz ill have to downgrade?? is there no other alternative like ive tried system restore that never worked though and when i do go through the network connections wizard it wierdly comes up with this wierd shared internet palada

YEP IT DOES ALL THAT, but after hours and hours trying to make it work. one disconect and all setings are gone.

Dutcho said:
Nothing left really but rip it up and start again :(
like dutcho said, rip it up and start again. lol. thats the only thing u can do.

yikes lolz the horror ohewell best get started l8r dis week now lolz gt major exams u c. thnx fur the input guys very much appreciated:proud:

hey there guys i tried again and i think ie made some progress. i switched of zonelabs on my comp and norton on dads. i then went through the network wizard again and made a new workgroup name up. my comp rebooted and i aslo did the same for dads and wadya know mine and dads computer both show up in the workgroup including the shared folders:proud: now! however i still can't seem to access the shared folders still as it keeps saying not accessible make sure you have permission etc.....

so now what could be the problem lolz. is it because im going through the network wizard wrong?? each time i start the wizard up i always use to pick the option where it mentioend a network hub and so forth but still no success...

well said dutcho. it is indeed true that some firewalls dont like each other. use the same companies if u can, eg norton to norton.lol

hey there guys yep sorted it out it seems that each time i disbale norton internet security i can access dads shared folder and evryhting XD! however how do i configure nrton so that it does not block my network ip address thefore allowing me to access dads shared folder without having to keep disabling norton. i personally dont want to go like for like becasue dad doesnt like zonelabs cz he doesnt know how to use it :p whereas i hate norton interent security but liek zonelabs:Biggrin2: oh yeh and thnxz alot guys for all your input especially dutcho and hacker 999

Last edited:
Hummmm don't know that you can as you have just proved that it is a clash of software :(

Norton has it's own wizard but personally I would teach your pop's how to use zone alarm as it's the dog's compared to norton anyways :)

hey there dutcho have decided to put zonelabs on dads comp now. and yep hes gonna have to live with it lolz:banana: !

Back