Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Home Cinema 5.1 system £23.94 delivered

Got home today and setup dvd. Plug on subwoofer was busted, had to put my own plug in. How it got cracked and earth pin came out is a mystery considering the packaging.

Was totally disappointed first cos hardly any noise coming out. Checked cables and everthing was fine. I tried the audi setup, didnt make any changes bar confirm what was already setup i.e. 5.1 etc.
Finally it worked. I had put in my 5.1 kill bill cd and works sweet.

Cant complain for twenty notes. Subwoofer/bass isnt all that, seems more treble than anything else.

Only problem I have now is how to fit the subwoofer in the corner glass shelf I got which currently houses the tele, v box, starview receiver, old dvd player (going out) and aiwa stereo (going out)
Damn subwoofer is only 2cm taller than the shelf height :(

I might have to put this upstairs, connect to crt tele instead of lcd - big pity

Just like to say big thanks to shaun again for spotting this bargain. Its worth it just for the speakers alone I think.

Now about connecting it to the tele, Im wondering whether this would work, anyone care to comment?
Get some RCA double adapters eg
M006260.jpg

And some rca cables

then connect tele to video, not sure if thzt would work - but something along those lines.

is anyone's remote for the subwoofer like a little toy? Page 12 of the manual has the bottom 4 buttons doing something like vol up/down and next/prev
but the one I have doesnt do anything and no text on it. Like a damn toy

If I was a bit quicker I could have nabbed one of these :(

The price is upto £100 on dixons which is a ridiculous price for bush make.

did anyone find their dvd player multi region? I tried region 1 dvd and it worked fine.
Its now in the bedroom with the OH not too happy

does anyone know how to connect this to the computer?

if its possible has i aint got a 5.1 soundcard.

cheers.

Has anyone had problems with these systems? I bought two. One for me, and one for my brother. Both set them up independently, both only get sound out of the front left and right channels. No sub, no centre, no rear. Very strange that they both appear to have the same fault.

I assume Dixons will collect, cost a fortune to be posting them back...

Has anyone had problems with these systems? I bought two. One for me, and one for my brother. Both set them up independently, both only get sound out of the front left and right channels. No sub, no centre, no rear. Very strange that they both appear to have the same fault.

I assume Dixons will collect, cost a fortune to be posting them back...

the volume control is a bit naff but speakers do work. It took me a while to get it going. I normally have to keep pressing (or keep it depressed) a little while before volume kicks in.
Are you sure you are playing a 5.1 dvd? I put in my kill bill dvd and it works fine. Must admit 2 back speakers dont seem as loud as the others.

Cant complain for such a cheap price, it will do for a bedroom unit.

Yeah 5.1 DVDs, goes up loud at the front. No sub. Even a stereo DVD should have bass. Back they go.

It took me a while but I did manage to get them working. But to tell you the truth it was the sub, front and middle speakers that were the best, the back two just werent loud enough even though I pushed the volume up.

Not bothered though, as I said its alright for the bedroom.

Not sure the returns procedures for dixons. You might have to pay your own P&P, if thats the case, considering its a heavy box for posting, might set you back, so you could end up with a small loss.

Last edited:
They've agreed to collect and replace them.

Quite an amusing conversation. She tried to tell me it was a discontinued line and they didn't have anymore, so I gave her the code for the £99 one the same. She was very surprised and promised I wouldn't be charged the extra. Hope these replacements work...

Back