Home Cinema 5.1 system £23.94 delivered

i think we should all send dixons an ecard thanking them for honouring the deal but im not going first

Well I still haven't had my 3rd email. I just called them and they assure me it is going to be sent sometime soon. :)

Got the 3rd email today saying it will be delivered within the next 5 days by DHL.

has anyone tested it with divx yet i cant pick mine up from the dhl place till tommorrow

has anyone tested it with divx yet i cant pick mine up from the dhl place till tommorrow

It doesnt play DIVX's, was a bit dissapointed, but oh well for £20 cant complain:eater:

have to say if wouldve payed more than £20 for it, iwould be dissapointed overall. the build quality is not all that. certainly not worth £100 as it is posted on the dixons website!!

Got mine this morning through DHL, its good for what i need it for, hooked it up to the boys pc, so he can watch dvds in his room on tv and play his cds and the pc running through it, saved me having to buy those speakers i planned to, and all for 24 quid!!!

so far, this kit aint the greatest then. I guess it was half expected considering it was bush and so damn cheap.
If the dvd player aint that good, how good are the speakers? how is their build quality?
Perhaps just having the speakers is worth the money?

My order is with dhl and at their depot. I was actually looking at an upscaling dvd player, one that played divx also - one I really liked was this one with a USB interface, so I guess download and copy to usb stick and play instantly - voila!!!
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-DVP5980-Player-1080P-Upscaling/dp/B000Q7ZCO6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5/026-9062076-8235647?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186038565&sr=8-5[/ame]
Would be nice if the above had 5.1, I cant see anything on it so I doubt it.

But I saw this post and thought bargain! Well I still hope so :)

does this have an optical input? My mate whose PC I built has managed to blow to motherboard inbuilt sound and I have no other spare motherboards to give him. The optical out on the motherboard still works so could be a way of getting him surround sound back on the cheap. If so anyone want to sell theirs?

does this have an optical input? My mate whose PC I built has managed to blow to motherboard inbuilt sound and I have no other spare motherboards to give him. The optical out on the motherboard still works so could be a way of getting him surround sound back on the cheap. If so anyone want to sell theirs?

Doesn't have it m8. Its the very first thing I looked for when I saw the deal.
Would have bought one straight away if it did

Ok I checked but couldn't find the info thanks for the heads up.

if your looking for that square connection at the back with optical written on it then the answer is yes it has, just looked at the back of mine.

if your looking for that square connection at the back with optical written on it then the answer is yes it has, just looked at the back of mine.

thats not an optical input its an output. This system has no inputs, other than for the DVD.

I found this, no guarantee that it will work and Not my responsibilty if it knacks it up.LOL
Use at your own risk,

BUSH DVDAV14K

1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2. Press the Setup button on your remote control
3. Press the Next button on your remote control
4. Press the Previous button on your remote control
5. Press the Next button on your remote control
6. Press the Previous button on your remote control
7. A code should appear on the top left hand corner of the onscreen display
8. Using the Left and Right direction buttons on your remote control, change the code to VER 1 for region 1 playback, VER 2 for region 2, and so on, or VER 255 for multi-region playback
NB: You may need to use the up and down buttons to select the region option before you change it
9. You can also change the code to VER 3001 to enable parental controls, or VER 3000 to disable these controls
NB: You may need to use the up and down buttons to select the parental controls option before you change it
10. You may also be able to change the code to VER 4001 to enable Macrovision, or VER 4000 to disable this feature, but only on earlier models
NB: You may need to use the up and down buttons to select the Macrovision option before you change it
11. You can also change the code to VER 5001 to disable VCD/SVCD playback, or VER 5000 to enable this feature
NB: You may need to use the up and down buttons to select the VCD/SVCD playback option before you change it
12. Press the Setup button on your remote control

I found this other way on making it multi region. Apparently its supposed to come as multiregion.

Press the Open button on the remote
Using the remote press 2, 8, 1 and 2
Press the Close button on the remote
For VCD playback:

Put a VCD in tray and Close
Press the Goto button repeatedly until the VCD menu appears
Press Stop
Press the Goto button - a time bar should appear
Press 0 then Play

Back