Holiday Villas

mike361

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening,

Has anyone got any recommendation on which company to go through for booking a villa holiday abroad?

Advise appreciated.

Mike

Evening,

Has anyone got any recommendation on which company to go through for booking a villa holiday abroad?

Advise appreciated.

Mike

We used James villas a couple of years ago to visit the Algarve, can't fault them. I think there doing free car hire at the moment, but only for a short while

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

owners direct, as it says you deal with the directly with owner and cut out the middle man, generally means no booking/admin fees and cheaper prices:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Wherever possible pay by credit card as there's a scam floating around whereby fictitious villas are advertised. Try to speak to the owner so you can ask questions about the location. You can also check how long the property has been advertised with that particular site/brochure (longer is better) and follow up on testimonials where you can.

Have a good holiday :)

Wherever possible pay by credit card as there's a scam floating around whereby fictitious villas are advertised. Try to speak to the owner so you can ask questions about the location. You can also check how long the property has been advertised with that particular site/brochure (longer is better) and follow up on testimonials where you can.

Have a good holiday :)

yes, crucial point is that!

make 100% certain the place your interested in actually does exist, OD are good in that respect, they have a guest review system so check previous holiday maker's experiences, and give the owner a call.

also they validate their owners pretty thoroughly but you can never be too careful... forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Nice one folks thanks for the advice also i have only really been looking on OD and Villa plus

Mike

There is also holidaylettings.co.uk, similar lines to OD. Where are you thinking of going?

We go on villa holidays twice a year and most of the time use Villa plus. We have used private owners a couple of times but found them to be a bit invasive.
The last time we went with a PO they lived in a villa in the grounds of our villa !
Let me know where your thinking of going and i might be able to recomend a nice villa for you.

Thinking of heading to Portugal or Spain but any recommendations are welcome?

Mike

Back