Hitachi Upgrade to LT2.0

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Chaps, im after a bit of advice on upgrading the Hitachi drive on my 360 older phat console. I havent touched it for ages so im out of the loop on latest dashboard etc. It's currently got Iextreme 1.6i on the drive. I know to play the newer XDG3 games I need to flash it to LT2.0. The drive revision im not 100% sure about but I dont belive it's a 79 it's older than that.
I've just ordered a Lite-On IHAS124-19B burner for burning XDG3 backups. My question is from what i've read the latest XDG3 games install the latest dash which will ovrerwrite my drive firmware back to stock. I dont even know if I still have a backup of my drive key and orginal firmware. So is it safe for me to just let a newer game update the dash, then afterwards just flash the new LT2.0 firmware with jungleflasher ?
Or whats the safest easiest method to get the console updated to LT2.0 ? I dont particulalry want to be buying any extra hardware.

Cheers

Last edited:
Chaps, im after a bit of advice on upgrading the Hitachi drive on my 350 older phat console. I havent touched it for ages so im out of the loop on latest dashed etc. It's currently got Iextreme 1.6 on the drive. I know to plat the newer XDG3 games I need to flash it to LT2.0. The drive reviosn im not 100% sure about but I dont belive it's a 79 it's older than that.
I've just ordered a Lite-On IHAS124-19B burner for burning XDG3 backups. My question is from what i've read the latest XDG3 games install the latest dash which will ovrerwrite my drive firmware back to stock. I dont even know if I still have a backup of my drive key and orginal firmware. So is it safe for me to just let a newer game update the dash, then afterwards just flash the new LT2.0 firmware with jungleflasher ?
Or whats the safest easiest method to get the console updated to LT2.0 ? I dont particulalry want to be buying any extra hardware.

Cheers

Yeah you'd need to have the latest dashboard 13604 to be able to play the new games.

I'd flash the drive back to stock and then "update" with a game or USB and then when the console is updated to 13604 i'd then flash the new LT+2.0 to it.

Hope this is what you wanted....if you have the equipment to flash the new LT+2.0 then it would do no harm in reading your keys (keeping them) before you flash back to stock/update etc.

Cheers mate, All i've ever flashed with previously is a SATA cable and VIA chipset SATA card is that still suitable to read the drives and keys ? So if I let a new game install the new dash 13604, will that safely flash the drive back to stock itself without bricking it, or am I better to manually flash back to stock ? Can I even flash flash back to stock without my drive keys, I dont think I have my original stock firmware backup ?

Also is it even worth bothering with LT 2.0 i've seen LT3.0 is supposed to be imminent is it just better of waiting for LT3.0 instead...this being a old Hitachi drive might be agres before 3.0 appears for it..

If you have the sata via 6321a and then you will be fine for the drive (I had to use the drive unlock disk on an old Hitachi think it was a 78 or it could of been a 79 i can't quite remember...) that was nothing as i simply burned it to CD any way one step at a time for ya i won't over complicate things like i always do! , but what you have should be good to read/write etc.

Everyone is (or was) flashing back to stock before taking the update, there was talk of the "update" flashing "000000000000000000000000" as your key making them simply not work....(Yet other people have said that they flashed the update via a disk on CFW and the originals worked and not the copy's, this i think wasn't the case...)

I don't think you can take the update with out going back to a stock drive, it'll just fail if I'm correct.

So you'd be best of (in my opinion) flashing back to stock and then taking the update and then flashing the new LT+2.00 for your Hitachi.

Can I even flash flash back to stock without my drive keys, I don't think I have my original stock firmware backup
If you haven't got your original stock key then that should be fine? as your going to stock then your going to be reading from that drive any way? so therefore it'll give you your key then load stock as firmware and it should then patch your key into it?..(i'm sure some one will clear this up)

Also is it even worth bothering with LT 2.0 I've seen LT3.0 is supposed to be imminent is it just better of waiting for LT3.0 instead...this being a old Hitachi drive might be ages before 3.0 appears for it..

Yip i agree, it did take a hell of a lot longer for it to come out....who knows what's planned mate.

Flashing to 13146/13604 with a game without going to stock firmware (applicable to current dashboard version) runs a risk of a failed update.

Read the current firmware, do not auto load lt plus, select the pre 13146 firmware for your drive as target firmware, spoof dvd key (so that stock firmware has your dvd key on it) and flash to dvd. Then update console to new dash with USB. I'd also do this with a memory unit connected for the avatar section of the dash.

It is always recommended to be on stock firmware for major updates to dashboard versions. You'd want to be on post 13146 stock firmware when you update console to new 6th Dec dashboard. So irrespective of whether there is lt 3.0 for the hitachi, it would be a good idea to be on stock at the time of update.

It is an idea to write the drive key on the dvd rom/back of console cover.

like i did here, this was another drive and i had the CFW on it like, straight into live no holes barred! (just turned it on one day and hadn't been on the net! *note to self, when ever any thing happens come and read DW!)...! lolol...(I flashed the wrong stock to it and tried an update via live as well, we all learn by our mistakes, this was just after the last dash was released) So moral of the story...back to stock as suggested for any major updates..!)

here

IMG_0110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You should always revert to stock firmware before any major update, period.

Just managed to revert the console back to stock firmware with jungle flasher, currently downlaoding the new dash 13604 i'll install this via USB. Once done then i'll upgrade to LT2.0 . My Liteon IHAS only got shipped out by Play this morning so no way fro me to burn and test any XGD3 ISO's before it turns up. The drive turned out to be Hitachi 78FK.

Just using a standard AMD Southbrisge SATA as well seems to work fine.

Cool.

If your "ihas" burner is on the way then happy days as well then matey. :cool:

If you want an XGD3 ISO's (game) i think i have one here PM your address and i'll drop it in the post now for you. GOW3 do ya?

Cheers

Dibbs

..."what comes around goes around" and all that....... :cool:

Cool.

If your "ihas" burner is on the way then happy days as well then matey. :cool:

If you want an XGD3 ISO's (game) i think i have one here PM your address and i'll drop it in the post now for you. GOW3 do ya?

Cheers

Dibbs

Very nice of you to offer mate ! If my IHAS burner doesnt show up in the next couple of days I might well take you up on that offer, now hopefully it is the all important "B" version when it arrives. Just finished putting the console back together LT2.0 is flashed, Dash 13604 is reported as the installed version. It's still booting older non XDG3 backups so all looks good so far until I get around to testing a XGD3 backup. Cheers for all the advice. Wasnt that difficult after all JungleFlasher just gets better and better .

JF is the dogs man aint it! Good work fella! and yeah hola if you wanna.

Good post though as i have a Hitachi to do my self. it'll be interesting times ahead no doubt with this new bin file etc.

Cheers

Last edited:
Parcel which should have been my IHAS drive arrived today from PLAY shame they sent me USB 20 GB hard drive instead ..lol..Just filed a return with PLAY and requested a refund. Went to my local PC shop and got a IHAS drive 2 quid more than PLAY but I cant be asked to wait.
Flashed the Burnermax firmware currently burning Batman Arkham City to a Verb MKM001 , fingers crossed ...

EDIT: Success !! It works, Burnt and succesfully booted Batman Arkham City, now burning GOW3, followed by MW3 .. xmas holidays sorted :)

Last edited:
Back