Hitachi 79fl not working think its briked.

cybermatrix

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been doing alot of reading about updating new firmware on my hitachi 79fl to Ixtreme 1.51.

I originally flashed it late March and any of the new games i download load but just stick on the XBOX logo screen. So im thinking it needs updating.

Read Oggy's jungle flasher guide revamped and got to the point of putting the drive back into ModeB but like a fool that i am i disconected the power from the the drive but when i reconnected it, it was upside down but i didnt realise and pushed it in.

anyway 3RRD came on and then i realised what i have done. That was it drive does not do anything anymore when you press eject.

When the Xbox is on the Dashboard it just says reading disk or closing or opeing tray.

Here is the questions

Is it Bricked?

I have the original Files somewhere do i just get a replacment Hitachi 79fl and replace keys and firmware?

Do i get another drive that is better and spoof it?

I am not a newbie to this but I am not upto date with any of this at the moment.

Please can someone help me out please.

Thanks in advance

As i didnt get a reply thought i would just go ahead and make a decision to get a new drive from Fleebay. Got myself a BenQ and another Hitachi.

Does it matter if the Hitachi is a 79FK when the original that got briked was a 79FL?

I got the BenQ cheap so i decided i would keep it as a backup.

which one would be the easiest to flash, so i am able to play new games like tekken and MW2?

Thanks

Back