High ecms/freezing with new router

alonso

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a new superhub 2 from virgin for a speed upgrade, installed it late last night and setup portforwarding and turned off firewall in the settings for my server.

My server is working ok except that I'm now getting bad freezing on my shares, I noticed that my ecms are jumping up massively! Ecms are sat at 0.090 then every couple of minutes I get an 8/9 second freeze and ecm jumps upto 4.500/5.100!!

ANy idea why this would be happening? I didnt have this before changing the router? (Iam also having a problem with no internet on my main pc that now wont work)

Cheers

Tell me about it! 5 hours of messing about today, not happy! Seems to have settled down a bit but still getting freezing every now and then

Tell me about it! 5 hours of messing about today, not happy! Seems to have settled down a bit but still getting freezing every now and then

Seems I spoke too soon.. Trying to watch the rugby on skysport1 and getting loads of freezing/high ecm times! Doing my head in..

Anyone any ideas why it would be giving me these high ecms just from changing my router??

Still having really bad problems with this? Anyone any ideas I can check? Just noticed tonight whilst looking on my oscam webif page that the date and time are well out?
2014/05/01 06:24:03 10152678 c illegal username received
thats a line from it? Could that make a difference? Where does it get the date and time from?

Just an update, I had a virgin engineer come out on saturday just gone as my power levels in the router were far too low (-8mdb) which he has sorted (said I had some interference) and it seemed to be a lot better but still the odd quick glitch. Trying to watch something tonight on sky and I'm still getting bad freezes/high ecms!

This is driving me insane! I havent been able to watch anything for a month, not sure what I can say if I complain to virgin lol..

Best thing to do is stick in in modem mode and add your own router to it. Pain in the arse these hubs.

If I was to get a new router and stick the superhub in modem mode, am I still going to get the same problems? Any recommendations for a cable router?

Any advice, help or ideas would be great

Just an update, I had a virgin engineer come out on saturday just gone as my power levels in the router were far too low (-8mdb) which he has sorted (said I had some interference) and it seemed to be a lot better but still the odd quick glitch. Trying to watch something tonight on sky and I'm still getting bad freezes/high ecms!

This is driving me insane! I havent been able to watch anything for a month, not sure what I can say if I complain to virgin lol..

If I was to get a new router and stick the superhub in modem mode, am I still going to get the same problems? Any recommendations for a cable router?

Any advice, help or ideas would be great

Your problem could well be who your connected to.Id still try a router and use modem mode on the hub though.

Linksys or Dlink router have always served me well.

Your problem could well be who your connected to.Id still try a router and use modem mode on the hub though.

Linksys or Dlink router have always served me well.

You will have more problems to come with virgins superdud, like others said, modem mode and your own router is the way to go.

I changed and put in asus dark knight router.

View attachment 94646

Cheers guys, I'll try a new router.. Wish I'd never upgraded, it's costing me lol..

I'm not connected to anyone, it's my own private share which makes it worse lol

Cheers guys, I'll try a new router.. Wish I'd never upgraded, it's costing me lol..

I'm not connected to anyone, it's my own private share which makes it worse lol

Deffo the hub then if internal bandwith can not be catered for. Those hubs really are a pile.

Bucket of shite those superhubs.....put it into modem mode as ferret says.I did it aswell because my lines were all over the place to(client not server)
I put my netgear nighthawk r7000 router on and its fine now.
Shouldve stayed with the also crappy technicolor

Back