Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

tonks1982

DW Regular
Reaction score
LEFT OVER LAST FEW YEARS

Ian Murray Ian Murray (Rangers, Bosman)
Mathias Kouo-Doumbe (Fra) ( plymouth )
Garry O'Connor (Lokomotiv Moscow, £1.57m)
Derek Riordan (Celtic, ??),
Scott Brown (Celtic, £4.4m)
Gary Caldwell (Celtic, Bosman)
Chris Killen (Celtic, Bosman)
David Murphy (Birmingham City, £1.5m),
Michael Stewart (Hearts, Bosman)
Kevin Thomson (Rangers, Undisc.)
Steven Whittaker (Rangers, £2m)
Guillaume Beuzelin (Coventry City, Bosman),

gk CRAP CRAP CRAP

doumbe jones caldwell murphy

brown thomson beuzelin whittaker

riordan o'conner

subs

killen
stewart
murray

now its a few years down the line and players have developed a bit more, do you think if hibs kept there players they could have been in with a shout for the spl title? or even a 2nd place finish ? some very good players have left hibs over the years

i think they may have pushed the old firm too the end but with a top 3 finish not sure were though

Me and the mates were just talking about the very thing after the game on Saturday, and with out a doubt if we had managed to hold onto these players and Tony Mowbray we would be challenging the old firm dominance in the SPL, but now we can only dream of what could have been lol.

:Cheers:

Me and the mates were just talking about the very thing after the game on Saturday, and with out a doubt if we had managed to hold onto these players and Tony Mowbray we would be challenging the old firm dominance in the SPL, but now we can only dream of what could have been lol.

did i miss anyone out who left ?

p.s ud need a new goalkeeper first lol

did i miss anyone out who left ?

p.s ud need a new goalkeeper first lol

Ivan Sproul :)Proud:) hatrick at Ibrox how could you forget him tonks, the goalkeeper is the one position that has been haunting us for years, don't know why it used to be one of our strongest.

Look at Hearts aswell, only a few seaons ago they were biting the OF's arse, then the Ruskie took a mad turn and ruined it.

I voted 3rd, but it's really between 3rd and 4th for me.

Relegation material. :Hit:

Most teams outwith the old firm could have been challengers if players stayed rather than think they were one of the few players who would get a game evry week for any of the old firm. Many players have wrecked their careers leaving the clubs that found them and brought them on. It wont change in my lifetime and it is a bit sad but thats what glory hunting does for you.

Relegation material. :Hit:

Most teams outwith the old firm could have been challengers if players stayed rather than think they were one of the few players who would get a game evry week for any of the old firm. Many players have wrecked their careers leaving the clubs that found them and brought them on. It wont change in my lifetime and it is a bit sad but thats what glory hunting does for you.

When was the last time any team brought through their youth system as many talented footballers at the same time? the only teams to do that in the modern era were Aberdeen (Ferguson) Dundee United (McLean) hence the reason a Rangers fan started the thread, everyone could see that these players could have been something very special had we managed to keep them for a couple of more years...but we look on the bright side, a stadium when completed next year that will be the envy of every club out with the old firm and a training academy that as good as any, and we own it :proud: aye the futures bright GREEN and WHITE. oops almost forgot nae debt lol.

Last edited:
But then you will never keep them as long as petrie keeps the wage structure. Players know they will get more elsewhere and have no loyalty to clubs. Having no debt is unusual for most top flight clubs and as you know does not win anything anyway. As for the new stadium are they making it smaller so you can fill it? :proud:

Motherwell are another side who have produced a lot of good players over the years and been up there at the top along with Killie. Then the old firm come in buy the top players for £1 mil and sit most of them on the bench if they even make the bench.

But then you will never keep them as long as petrie keeps the wage structure. Players know they will get more elsewhere and have no loyalty to clubs. Having no debt is unusual for most top flight clubs and as you know does not win anything anyway. As for the new stadium are they making it smaller so you can fill it? :proud:

Motherwell are another side who have produced a lot of good players over the years and been up there at the top along with Killie. Then the old firm come in buy the top players for £1 mil and sit most of them on the bench if they even make the bench.

M8 were not talking over years were talking at the same time lol.

Not sure all of they players where at Hibs at the same time. But any team that shows any promise in Scotland will never be together for more than two seasons. It is a what if question that can never be answered. What if Burley never got the boot from Hearts ?

it amazes me that a team who have sold so many players and the chairman is unwilling to support a wage increase to keep star players at the club. I understand you must have a budget but what is the point of raising these players if at the first chance you get you sell them. Wow your debt free but supporters want their team to win something. Hibs proved this when they won the first divsion by a record number of points , fans went to games to see a winning side but where did they go after they were promoted?

i voted 4th 5th or 6th yous really ned to get shot of mixu and get a keeper

his excuses are becomng so predictable but.....

for Motherwells sake keep him!!!! lol

if we had kept Scott McDonald last year i'm sure we could have been right in about the top 2, with 4 or 5 games to go last year we had a great chance of finishing 2nd!!

all we need was a proven goalscorer :proud:

hibs and hearts are shit Motherwell FC Scotlands Pride :proud:

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back