hi rev 10w/40 4 Stroke Oil

big-ron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i need to get some of the above. the stuff in halfords is 10/40 will that do? also is there any else i can get an manual for my SUKIDA VIPER SCOOTER 125cc, wont start? dont know anything about them :( battery good, trys to start, have had it going a bout 2 weeks ago so im thinking its the damp? sorry for all the questions, just have not got a gule.

hi i need to get some of the above. the stuff in halfords is 10/40 will that do? also is there any else i can get an manual for my SUKIDA VIPER SCOOTER 125cc, wont start? dont know anything about them :( battery good, trys to start, have had it going a bout 2 weeks ago so im thinking its the damp? sorry for all the questions, just have not got a gule.

check the spark plug it could be oiled up or sooty thus giving a weak spark

Yeah, car oil has additional slip properties which are no good to the wet clutches, if you do use car oil eventually you will get clutch slip.

Give HT lead/s a spray with WD40 and it won't harm to give electrics a spray whilst you're doing it. Can't remember what oil I used in my 'blade, know it was Castrol and cost about £28 for 4 litres. Also check fuel line or filter, could be clogged.

Last edited:
i used to put 5/40 fully synthetic in the mrs and it ran better, you are supposed to change the oil every 600 miles in them scooters

if its not starting i will bet its nowt to do with the spark and more to do with fueling as it doesnt have a pump its vacuum fed (unless they have updated them)

i used to put 5/40 fully synthetic in the mrs and it ran better, you are supposed to change the oil every 600 miles in them scooters

if its not starting i will bet its nowt to do with the spark and more to do with fueling as it doesnt have a pump its vacuum fed (unless they have updated them)

might try that one mate (synthetic in the mrs and it ran better) :) anyway got the oil sorted, thanks for you all help though.

Might try some oil in my mrs and see if that gets her going. Never thought of that she said she felt a little sluggish this morning.:roflmao:

Back