hi, i need some info please.

cybertiger

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi everyone,

no matter how hard ive tryed i have not been able to play arcade games on my pc using MAME. ive read stuff and watched video's on youtube but it just wont work. any clear info on this matter would be great. thank you very much in advance.

Hi, what is the exact problem you are facing? is the program crashing? no roms found by mame? Without knowing the exact problem we really can't do much to help.

Hi!

You must download roms and put them on roms folder. Tell what´s the exactly problem, if emulator don´t work or don´t load roms.

Also, you really need a front-end to use MAME. It can be used via the CLI but its a nightmare to remember all those commands

I personally use Emuloader for playing MAME, its free and has just been updated to conincide with the very latest MAME update which is now on 0.130

You can have as many ROMs as you wish, but if you play the disk based games that Area 51 be prepared to need a BIG hard hardrive

Oh and I forgot that MAME can now play some LaserDisk games, which are enormous disk based games. Around 10-15GB per game

You could always buy the set of install disks that comes with 99% of the full installation of MAME, including all artwork, ROMs, etc, etc. That way you won't have to wait forever to download it via torrent sites or other means

Mame Roms on DVD Mame 129 Mame .128 GP2X Mame CHDs Mame32 Roms Retro-Burner.co.uk

These people do it for free, all you pay is cost of media and postage

Or if you have a lot of time to keep torrents going, try these. I use these to keep my installation updated, but you ARE expected to seed or you will eventually get banned

Pleasuredome - Full Roms and Extras - Index

They have a lot more than just MAME, but the MAME full installation is BIG. The main ROMs are 17.5GB and the disk based games are now pushing 87GB

So to have the full MAME installation with every possible game, including disk based games and LaserDisk games you're looking at least 100GB, mine is currently at 109GB and I need to update the ROMs and disk based games again, so it looks like I need to set aside a 250GB hard drive just for MAME

Installing MAME really is as simple as getting the setup, and then a front-end, and a few ROMs. How many is your choice

Google

As much info as you will need and is updated pretty frequently with software updates and news, every 2-3 days sometimes quicker

http://mamedev.org/downloader.php?&file=mame0130s.exe

The actual set-up for the latest release, auto installing to mak eit as troubel free as possible

MameUI, which used to be called Mame32. Good, simple and quick front-end

MameUI: The GUI Version of the M.ultiple A.rcade M.achine E.mulator

Emu Loader, which is what I use. Much nicer display, and has everything to hand. But might be too much if all you want to do is play the games

Google

I would agree with thescrapyard. For a newbie to Mame MameUI is the easiest to use and it even scans your ROMS for you!

Back