Hey Gav Get Your Passport Ready.

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Scots win Fair Play European spot

Scotland will have a sixth team in Europe next season, with Uefa confirming that a Fair Play berth will go to a Scottish Premier League side.

Motherwell currently enjoy the best disciplinary record of the sides not already assured of a European place.

Norway, Denmark and Scotland will all get an extra place in the first qualifying round of the Europa League.

The opening round of the revamped tournament, formerly the Uefa Cup, is due to commence in early July.

Fair Play League rankings are based on a Uefa points system correlating to the number of red and yellow cards administered to each club and national side over a 12-month period.

Motherwell have just four matches of the season remaining, with St Mirren and Hibernian their nearest challengers for the extra place.

Fir Park boss Mark McGhee told BBC Scotland: "I'm quite proud because we've made a conscious effort to show discipline on and off the field.

"I've tried to contribute overall to the sort of change in attitudes towards bad refereeing decisions by initiating a move with the SPL managers to get off the backs of referees and to not dispute and criticise them.

"It's taken the pressure off referees and made it a little bit easier for everyone.

"If we do get the place, we'll feel it's deserved."

However, the Motherwell boss admitted he was unclear what his team would need to do to clinch the Fair Play spot.

"Before the game tomorrow I would like someone to quantify it for me and tell me exactly where we stand and exactly what we have to do and what we don't have to do in order to jeopardise our chances," said McGhee.

"I don't know all the facts."

The Scottish Football Association have confirmed to BBC Scotland how the points are calculated.

The SPL delegate at each match scores the teams in five categories and passes these details on to the SFA for entry into the Fair Play database.

Delegates award marks out of 10 for positive play and marks out of five for respect towards opponents, respect towards match officials, behaviour of the team officials and behaviour of the crowd.

In addition, red and yellow cards, recorded from the referee's report, are taken into consideration with points deducted for those punishments.

Celtic and Rangers have claimed the Champions League places, while Scottish Cup finalists Falkirk will compete in the Europa League along with the teams finishing third and fourth in the SPL.

Hearts and Dundee United are strong favourites to land those remaining spots, although Aberdeen and Hibs can still catch them.

the passports been out since we found there was a possibility back in january!!

we need to drop klimpl quinn and clarkson!! lol no more reds or yellows please!!

feck the points!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Well done Motherwell!

That's something to be proud of.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, have you no still to play the Accies Gav? can see a couple of red's in that game m8. lol :Drool:

"Mon the cabbage"

:Cheers:

aye we still got accies lol

need to play aussie rules or summit for that game!! lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Motherwell will be confirmed as Uefa Fair Play entrants to the Europa League unless they suffer two red cards in their final game.

Motherwell will be confirmed as Uefa Fair Play entrants to the Europa League unless they suffer two red cards in their final game.

we're all going on a european tour...mibi...hopefully..again

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Imagine playing your biggest rivals last week and no even a red card...shameful lol

were only jealous m8. :Hit:

its Motherwell ffs mate we could still **** up !!

i would give anyhitng for a repeat of Nancy away mate its was easily the bestest day of my life the partying in teh square was absolutely immense and the march to teh game with easily 4000 well fans and the non stop singing throo the game

FUCKING MEGA!!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Its been confirmed. Well done Motherwell on being the rewarded for being a team of poofs and fairies.

Wish it was us though

ach well harry

GET IT UP YE BIG STYLE!!!!

when yous are playing Queens Park we will be jetting off to either;

Macedonia, Azbaijan, Estonia, Albania, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Faroe Islands, Wales, Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Malta.

preferably would like Wales or NI lol

or Malta for the sun!! i didney even know they played football there!! lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Funny you mention Malta Gav, you could meet the Hibernians FC who just won the league in Malta, hope they spank you lol. :proud:

ach well harry

Macedonia, Azbaijan, Estonia, Albania, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Faroe Islands, Wales, Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Malta.

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol

TBH its been not a bad season for us, 2 cup Q finals (pumping Motherwell on the way) and 9th in the league, so i'm happy for my wee fair playing neighbours to get into Europe. If you get to the final i promise i will even go to the game.

lol

we would have tae play 17 games to win it lol

group stages shall suffice lol

if we get through a couple of the rounds and generate some cash for the club then thats all that matters :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Im Going to Malta 22 August for a week . When is Well playing in malta?
Also Gav ryan air do cheap flights to malta from Edinburgh

the first round tie dates are the 2nd and teh 9th of july

the draw aint been made yet mate the darw is the 22nd of june

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

the first round tie dates are the 2nd and teh 9th of july

the draw aint been made yet mate the darw is the 22nd of june

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Well if they end up playing when im there i will go and watch them

ach well harry

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

You got your wish m8, Motherwell v Llanelli a wee short jaunt down to Wales to get pumped lol. :Frog:

Back