Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys
need some help/advice

got this iphone3g 8gb version

was jailbrokern

have stupidly updated the phone to version 3.1

now all i see on the phone is an image asking me to connect to itunes

and when i connect it to itunes i get a message that the sim card is not supported and i need to get in contact with the correct carrier
and need to activate the phone

any ideas please
thanks

your screwed at the mo mate, you will have to wait until dev team release something.

Dev team have jailbroken 3.1 then you need to sim unlock - I assume you are using a non O2 sim?

Dev-Team Blog

thanks for the reply
yes i got the us version.

and hack is only for the mac os atm

might take some time for the redsn0w to come out. i guess its just a waiting game for me now.

Am sure it cant be unlocked, whats your baseband ?

i have been trying to restore the firmware back to 3.01
but it doesnt seem to working at the min

i upgraded the phoneto 3.1 via itunes

now when i downgrade it, i do get the correct error code, however the screen is stuck on recovery mode

and when i try to jailbreak it using red snow .. it stays on the screen saying waiting for reboot. and thas the end of it

the baseband should have been upgraded to 5.1 when i updated the phone

if the baseband has been upgraded theres is no chance of unlocking for a good while mate

done some research, you cant do anything at the moment mate.

There are a few people stating they have downgraded back to 3.0.1 but not sure if its true.

have a look on this site for more info
hackint0sh.org

thanks for the ideas guys

i did downgrade it to 3.01 and jailbroke it

but now to downgrade the baseband... but facing another typical problem of wifi not working !!! not great is that - just get an error cannot connect to xxx
.. donno what to do with this thing

done some research, you cant do anything at the moment mate.

There are a few people stating they have downgraded back to 3.0.1 but not sure if its true.

have a look on this site for more info
hackint0sh.org

i downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 with no problems

google fuzzyband
you may be able to downgrade the baseband depending on how old your phone is. also there are are few downloadable, pwn'd 3.1 firmwares kicking around if desperate to use 3.1

the firmware downgrade done,
its the baseband problem now... but
cant downgrade if i cannot connect to wifi ..

its giving me error cannot join the network.
am working on how to get that sorted now .. bugger me

thanks for the ideas guys

well guess what i tried the freezer trick, put the iphone in the freezer for like 30 mins n the wifi worked like a charm till it got a bit warm. n will not connect again .. and gives the same error.. unable to connect to network .. typical iphone i take it

Back