Help with serial flashing TM-500

subplay1000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all I have a TM-500 And I put on the Nabilosat TM500 image which has been redone for this box but all I get is A yello screen that says Technomate TM-500 and a penguin in the top right corner aand my dispaly at the front keeps swirling and that is it. So i am guessing this wont work! So i have pressed the ok button on reboot to get into the serial U Boot page and connected a null modem cable from the PC to the box.

I downloaded technomate Tcc 6.0
and the oriignal TM-500 image file

The problm I am getting is my box keeps saying pc not responding.

I have the same setting on my com port as on the box

com1
baud rate 9600
flow control none
data bit 8
parity bit none

the image is TM500_update.img

any help is appreciated

Next is to connect the null modem cable to your receiver. Switch Off the receiver, then Switch ON your TM receiver whilst pressing the “OK” button on the Front Panel.

A download of the TM image should then start, and progress of it will be on the PC and TV screen, and will indicate when complete.
There should also be confirmation the receivers display “done”.

Switch OFF your receiver, switch on again.

Using either the UP or DOWN cursor buttons on the Front Panel, select Factory Reset and then use the Right hand Cursor button to action the reset.

TM receiver will now boot up with your new Image presenting you with the Setup menu on your TV screen.

Hi thankyou for your reply

the only problem i keep getting is that the box is not seen the pc and will not connect? I cannot understand why I have tried a usb to RS232 dongle and the com port on the back of the pc. and none of them work ?

I had no end of nightmares trying to connect with a usb 2 serial. Go out and buy a pci/pcie serial card.

With the usb 2 serial i spent over a week trying to get it to work and when it did show up a com port it wouldn't initialise with the box.

Bought pc express serial card , plugged in. 5 mins and reflashed.

Shaun

Next is to connect the null modem cable to your receiver. Switch Off the receiver, then Switch ON your TM receiver whilst pressing the “OK” button on the Front Panel.

A download of the TM image should then start, and progress of it will be on the PC and TV screen, and will indicate when complete.
There should also be confirmation the receivers display “done”.

Switch OFF your receiver, switch on again.

Using either the UP or DOWN cursor buttons on the Front Panel, select Factory Reset and then use the Right hand Cursor button to action the reset.

TM receiver will now boot up with your new Image presenting you with the Setup menu on your TV screen.

hello do you know where i can get of tm5402hd ci file for serial null flash only?? problems with remote and unable to usb flash. thanks

you should be able to flash the receiver with the usual file, via null modem lead, using the darkmanloader, itll take a little longer than usb, but should be fine

you should be able to flash the receiver with the usual file, via null modem lead, using the darkmanloader, itll take a little longer than usb, but should be fine

Thanks mate!

Can you recommend a really good image then the standard image from technomate?

Take care

Back