help with ps2

deano1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi to you all,i have a strange problem with my ps2 scph 50003,when i turn it on it goes to the menu browser + system figuration,thats it i cannot turn off or open the draw,i have to turn it off at the back,it is chipped with homebrew,as anyone had this trouble can anyone help me thanks.

hi to you all,i have a strange problem with my ps2 scph 50003,when i turn it on it goes to the menu browser + system figuration,thats it i cannot turn off or open the draw,i have to turn it off at the back,it is chipped with homebrew,as anyone had this trouble can anyone help me thanks.

hi deano not sure if this will help but try it anyway i have changed lasers before and once i had a problem where the tray would not open, the two faults are 1.there is something jammed in the cog that realeses and opens the tray, or 2.the tray is misalgined you need to take off the cover then undo the screws to take off the cover plate then remove screws to tray, this should release the tray and check for anything caught up in cog if not replace back realign and it should work p.s when lifting lid be careful take it slowly up and then lean over to the right as there is a cable connected you can find this info on the web mostly american sites but they are the same expect for laser pot adjustment

p.s the cable is a very fine cable and if you have removed the top at any time or its been knocked heavily this might have dislodged the fine cable which would result in not being able to turn off or opening tray

hi leon,thanks for your help,the problem is the main board,i took it to the ps2 repair shop at chesterfeld,he told me it is a fault on the main board,so iam going to phon sony up to got a exchange one,thanks dean.

Back