Help with Original Smart Card and Elvis Programmer

B

bleeding

Hi, hope you guys can help me out, I've just got an Elvis programmer and I'm trying to modify my original smart card as we cancelled subscription ages ago, so its pretty useless and I don't care if it gets wrecked. When I place it in the card programmer and press auto detect on the software, the little red lite on the programmer flashes away but the software then reports "no standard PIC card found", which is exactly the same error it reports if there is no card in it at all!

Can you help me out? Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Jon

------Moving to On Digital Mosc ------

Sounds like ondig have wipe it clean to me m8
I would suggest you got yourself a gold card for around £6 to program this would save you a lot of time in the long run try www.maxking.co.uk :) ......Gazer.

I'm afraid you've probably just wiped your card m8 :( The auto-detect function on the software for the Elvis programmer erases the card in the process. Best get one or two from MaxKing as Gazer says :)

Ooops.

Wolverine

OK thanks for the info, I'll get a gold one. So am I OK to auto-detect that card when I get it? Or is that gonna end up the same way and my current card - useless.

Thanks, I'm new to this.

Jon

You should be able to use your original card still m8. But it's good to have some backups :).

Get the DBMG2 hex and try programming your original card with it.

btw, you can auto-detect your new cards when you get them ;)

Cheers.

Wolverine

I've got the dbmg2 hex files and using the mp6 programming software, but it refuses to reconise the card at all, won't auto detect the card (says no standard PIC card found) and if I don't use auto detect and select the eeprom and pic off the list it cannot read or program, reports theres illegal data at a certain address. It just gives exactly the same errors as if there is no card in the programmer at all.

Any ideas? I don't really wanna go out and buy gold wafers if there gonna do the same thing.

Thanks again guys, this board is a god-send.

Sorry about my last post m8, I had no idea what I was on about, must have been one of those days. lol

Get the goldcards from maxking, they won't do the same. :)

Wolverine

Hi there jon there won't be a prob programing the goldwafer cards as thay are a lot easy to program, ;) You will be able to use the DBMG2 hex for them with no probs, forget about your original card for now that comes later...... :cool: Gazer.

sounds like youve blown the card clicking auto detect
what you need to do is put elvis in phoenix mode and use mkfind should have no probs
its still worth a go stiching your card back in and see if it will work with it

Don't count your original out yet, there is a chance, I have re-activated a card that was auto detected, try it you could get lucky I did.

Back