help with ebay pleeeaaase (urgent)

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anybody tell me if ebay have contacted you by telephone mobile not landline with a withheld number coz i sold something on there sold as seen now buyer looking to get money back because it broke they said they email with details if and my account is going to be suspended

Best thing for you to do is to check your ebay account and if need be contact ebay through their site, not through unsolicited phone calls. It is possible that the buyer has obtained your phone number through ebay/paypal (I know these could sometimes show up, not sure if they still do).
In my experience ebay will contact you via email (as it all automated for them).

i know he has my phone number coz i gave it as a contact number but when ebay phoned they gave a name but when i asked if they can send me a letter by post he said it would come as a email and i should print it out in my messages in my ebay account but anybody can contact you this way how can you tell if it is a proper email off ebay itself

Well messages in ebay should tell you the source of the message (little more reliable than an email address would be as messages are all contained within the ebay system).
But if there is a dispute then it will have been raised in ebay for you to respond to and go through the normal dispute process.
You can always contact ebay directly and ask if they have been contacting you or if you are being conned.

i would of thought i would of got a email first before a phone call surly this is how ebay are opperating because there is nothing at the moment from ebay

i'm loged in to myebay there is no dispute off the buyer and no messages i sent a message to there help centre asking if they contact by phone no reply as of yet surley if there is a dispute it would be in my dispute's where i have too reply to the dispute

It's BS by the sounds of it. eBay would definitely contact you via their message system. (Same goes for PayPal too I would imagine.)

Back