help with dvd camcorder

whogiveaffff

Inactive User
Reaction score
i been offer a dvd camcorder for a good price i think £30 it a sony dvd92e i have never used a camcorder so can someone please tell me if dvd is a good format to record on and would it take good pictures or would i still need to carry a camera and any pros/cons of a dvd camcorder

Here's the Sony webpage with specs DCR-DVD92E (DCRDVD92E, DCRDVD92E.CEH) : Cameras & camcorders : Sony

It has a .8 megapixel (it's really only .4 megapixel true sensor but uses software to double up) sensor so still pictures wont be very good. You can also do stills and video on the same disk, upto 7 seconds of stills per disk.

They do have a good 20x optical zoom (didgital is crap and not worth bothering about) and a 5 hour battery (which is an optional extra).

They use a 8cm disk which are becomming a bit rare, but you can still get them.

The disks should play on most dvd players, providing they take the smaller disks.

To be honest for £30 it's probably a good deal if you only want standard resolutions and not HD.

Looking at completed listing on ebay they've been selling for between £37 to £55 plus postage.

Last edited:
I Found DVD camcorders a bit of a pain in the bum tbh. Once you have recorded something you have to keep the camera still until it has written the data to the disc.

Its not bad for the money though :)

Back