Help with bb hanging

G

gazz

Hi all,
wonder if anyone has had similar problems with bb 'hanging' for about 30 secs then working fine again then repeating about 10 x /hour. Was fine when first set up but has deteriorated after 1 month.

I use usb speedtouch modem from wanadoo 1Mb service (was plugged into hub, but now in main usb).

I had a similar prob at prev address when only service I could use was NTL through their box, so I'm think it's my pc. During this hanging period though, my mailbox will send/receive fine

Any advice gratefully received

... not sure if this helps, but maybe uninstalling the speedtouch modem, its drivers and all, and then plugging it back into a "different" USB port and reinstalling the drivers and all....

c if that makes any difference if you have not already tried this out.

best advice m8 for a 1mb connection is go down the ethernet route using an ethernet modem and the network card the usb divice if its plugged into a1.1 connection is probibly getting choked up with data the ethernet will give you 100mbps and wont choke up

If your modem is dropping sync it may be worth having your phone line tested, have a listen to it for any crackles.

I had severe problems with my ADSL and have had to phone BT a few times to have them resolved, that resulted in underground cables being replaced etc.

worth trying powering it down and re booting it m8, if not as Spectre says have your line tested

thanks to all for the advice but looks like my line is the problem

great site

Back