Help with 250. Advice

chrisnasah

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to confirm on few things. At present i seem to be having speed problems in my connection. Am in ex cw and north west london.

I have forced the 10/20meg file but the max download i get is half a meg and upload looks steady at 710-750. What might be wrong. Here are the logs and setup on the modem.

What do you think of these logs, get it everytime the modem is rebooted and before it connects.

Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q...
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f...

This is the main connection page. You think its normal:

Startup Procedure

Acquire Downstream Channel 586750000 HzLocked
Connectivity State OK Operational
Boot State OK Operational
Configuration File OK cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm
Security Disabled Disabled

Downstream Channel

Lock StatusLocked ModulationQAM64
Channel ID0 Symbol rate5056941
Downstream Frequency586750000 Hz Downstream Power-22.9 dBmV
SNR26.0 dB

Channel ID being 0 is this normal??

Upstream Channel

Lock StatusLocked ModulationQPSK
Channel ID3 Symbol rate2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency42800000 Hz Upstream Power51.0 dBmV

Standard Specification CompliantDOCSIS 2.0
Hardware Version3349
Software Version5.01.01.000_004(III)
Cable Modem MAC Address00:02:*********
Cable Modem USB MAC Address00:02**********
Cable Modem Serial NumberC*************

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

looks like its going on everywhere we are having the same problems in north west upload has gone up but bandwidth is crap anything from 1 meg to 9 meg random times.so it must be part of the rebalancing of there networks for 20 meg

seems like its getting better, first time ever i peaked to 10 meg. I guess all the setup is fine then.

I too have crappy download speeds, speedtest.net keeps reporting from 300kb/s to 3000kb/s?? and upload of 733kb/s. Guess im gonna have to keep waiting!

out of interest, my downstream power is at 14.8dBmV and SNR is at 41dB
are these normal?

Indeed I have the same issues also in an ex-c&w area ... fingers crossed it evens out soon ...lol

well i guess its vm playing about as around 4.30-5pm i was peaking at 10mg now bearly 300kb.

I guess we just have to wait.

Back