Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

help what have i done?

L

louisiannalyn

as a clever clogs with limited elec knowledge i fitted a new lazer eye to my sons ps2.

worked for 5 mins but the tray was unpositioned so i on hearing funny clicking of cogs turned it off. the tray was closing as the eye and disk wheel rose and cought each other stopping the compleate tray function.
unhooked the tray tried to reset at a lavel and manually turned the wheels.

when plugging back in the tray no longer turns by power the eye does not rise and fall when tray shut orthe disc wheel doesnt turn.
the blue light on the duo front swith no longer glows?

i am wondering if a fuse has gone although the fan powers up and i know power is getting around the unit as the power and rest lights up on the duel front switch.

other than that i have checked all other ribbon cables for a break but my next job would be to test them if any it would be the eye one or the silver duo button one. they are connected in but possible break.

any thoughts to help speed up my task.
could it be a case of the motor that drives the disc tray has gone and that breaks a cercuit that stops every thing????????

sujestions please.

in easy electronics!!!!

might sound stupid have u got everything right
ie the ps2 might think the tray is out out when in or viser verser

if the tray got stuck out and you manually turned it in it might be confused also the lights have a cable going to them make sure its connected at both ends.

also tripple check every cable.

have you got it chiped with anything? neo ect ?

monkeyspunks

yes its got a mod not sure which one ive got a model 4
(35003)

manually cranked tray wheels without tray on both directions.

to me it seems like a cable but was getting me stressed after 2 hrs so put it away.

i will try again tomorrow.

thanks for reply

yes i know should`nt touch...................

same old same old, to save money. will cost more in long run but i tend to keep on dont like to be beaten.

hi m8, there is a small cable that connects to the bottom side of the tray bit, very easy to knock off, try checking that.

Back