Help Vuplus solo2 SE

RAZ777

Inactive User
Reaction score
A friend has asked me to load upto date firmware on this for him.

I found most new files didnt work, so think its a clone as the solo2 SE isnt standard it seems?

Found the usb load aint as easy with the full led display but touching the sensor pwr button a ciuple of secs after sw the pwr on at rear starts the usb load mode.

Anyone any experience with this clone and any good working image backups?

Thanks

The Solo2 SE, which is a clone, will accept any images (at this moment) designed for Sunray Solo2. I recently uploaded a few. Have a look in vu clone download area.

The Solo2 SE, which is a clone, will accept any images (at this moment) designed for Sunray Solo2. I recently uploaded a few. Have a look in vu clone download area.

I get black screen with Sunray and unmodified images...
My box is few weeks old and i run the v4 update as a precaution,
but still black screen all openvix images over version 037 :bangshead:

Solo2 SE didn't need v4 update. In fact, I thought v4 update was for older normal lonrison solo2. The Solo2 SE had an already updated flash.

A few people have said their Solo2 SE accepted sunray patched images.

See this thread about maybe reflashing original solo2 se bootloader.

Last edited:
It does say Solo2 SE on front of box doesn't it?

Yes, and lonrison stickers on fan and nand chip.
I will try to change the bootloader and see if it helps.
Could you try Apollo 126 and let us know how you get on?

I recently started to do something different than I would normally do now this thing shouldn't have been a problem but maybe it is but I know I didn't do it on the above apollo 126 image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bootloader did not make any difference.
I now have SunRay openvix 126 with drivers from stock openvix 037 and its running quite smoothly.

There has to be different flash versions of SE or different clone manufacturers because I've just been informed that even the newest upload, Vix apollo 131 works fine on a Solo2 SE which was bought a few weeks ago and a Solo2 SE which was older and had been flashed with v4 flash!

Back