Vu Solo2 or Sol2 SE clone

IAmATeaf

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend has asked me for a decent dual tuner box and looking on Ali I get the normal clone Solo2 but also the Solo2 SE. The SE is cheaper and from what I can see it's just missing the display which to be honest I never ever look at on my box.

So should I suggest the cheaper SE or should I really be pointing him towards the standard Solo2. Just on an aside he's not one to play around with the box so once it has been setup it will remain that way. He currently has a Dreambox 800 which is running an ancient version of OpenPLi even though I showed him how to update the image.

So I just need a box that will accept a fairly recent ViX image and then he'll never ever touch it. So what do the forum masses suggest?

If you can get confirmation that SE can accept original images so they can run sunray images then that would be cheapest way.

Some Solo2 SE can accept sunray images but some can't so it's not easy to know but I would like to think that by now all Solo2 SE's can accept original images.

I'm sure the SE has room for internal hdd so the main difference, as you said, would be VFD display on front.

So long as box still isn't stuck on v4 flash then you have more options on images :)

Cheers asked a few sellers about original images but all said no. If the box will run a v4 image then that should be fine. Now shall I wait for 11-11 or order right now?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

On new Solo2 SE you can use latest safe Sunray images.

Back