help tomtom on xda orbit

Would you be able to help me to install it, as you know now.

I have managed to install the software but I cant connect to the GPS i have tried few configs but no luck, can someone tell me what confguration I should set on the Xda. I tried selecting the TomTom reciever and it keeps trying to connect and nothing hapens.

what receiver are you using if you are not actually using the tomtom receiver you should choose one that is relevant i.e if you have any bluetooth receiver other then tomtom you should choose other bluetooth receiver I think this is seond or third option, you must also make sure 1, bluetooth is switched on 2, receiver is paired with your device 3, make you sure select the correct port

I take it it's WM5.0? You have to pair with the BT GPS, then go to COM Ports (next tab along and add a new "Outgoing port" which will give it a COM Port, then you use this COM port in TomTom

Hi mate go to other GPS receiver and select COM4 it should work a treat i own a orbit, laso make sure that bluetooth file explorer is disabled as it will not find tomtom maps.

thanks mate:) i have been asked my friend to do one of these a few days ago now i have some information on how to get it going, will report back when and if it works fine

On HTC Artemis/T-Mobile compact III /XDA orbit, in gps configuration of TT6, select 'other NMEA GPS reciever', set 'GPS baud' rate to 4800, and select COM 4 (not GPS port).

Hope it helps

Hi guys im trying to install tomtom on my mates xda orbit to can some one help i have copyed the cab fille to the sd card and run it on the xda and told it to install on to the memory card but it insists on installing to the device allso were do the maps go
thanks in advance
cheers gazza

If you create a folder with the map name ie "GB_plus_major_roads_of_WE" or which ever one you download on the root of the MEM Card, you fire up tomtom and preferences - choose/switch maps, it will let you select the map

thanks for your reply mandem ok got that about the maps but is thewre a special way i should be installing the tomtom soft ?
cheers gazza

Back