Help required for a project - release a recent Vix Apollo image suitable for Lonrison

Re: Help required for a project - release a recent Vix Apollo image suitable for Lonr

Wasn't there an image change that required a certain minimum version of drivers? Sorry I've not been following the image scene of late as I've left my clone at vix 808. If I get time I may have a play around with my original box and randomly replace drivers to see what happens.
Vix wise, it was 025 where there was a change of OE-A core. Nothing major since then I don't think (well that I can remember).

Drivers dated 15/07/14 or after still use same kernel 3.13.5 so I know they will all work.

Another forum member has already tested BH 2.1.4, OpenATV 4.2 and Vix Apollo 125 (all current latest builds) using patched drivers and seems to work except using any features that require newer drivers and the 1080 skins required drivers dated 21/10/14 (minimum) to work.

These images are confirmed as working on Solo2 SE, and I believe they will also work on Lonrison solo2 (with latest v4 flash) but it's this I can't confirm (nor guarantee) until someone takes a chance.

However, until such time at least Solo2 SE users can use latest images albeit with older drivers and 1080 skin functionality not fully supported in mean time.

The last vix image on vu-hd was 029 hence one of the two sets of drivers I have must be around 029 build (driver dated 20140829) and I'm hoping a later version for the other driver.

I just need to find out which of the two sets is latest driver so I can use those instead until such time as newer drivers are found/patched.

Re: Help required for a project - release a recent Vix Apollo image suitable for Lonr

Upload the drivers you have with a description of what you think they are and when I'm next on my laptop I'll see if i can figure what date they from.

Upload the drivers you have with a description of what you think they are and when I'm next on my laptop I'll see if i can figure what date they from.
Thanks I'm ok now.

Using HashMyFiles I found out that one of the drivers was dated 29/08/14 as I thought so and is same as original (MD5 and CRC confirm this).

The other set of drivers were originally created a week later so my guess is they're patched from 29/08/14 as the only other drivers released by VU after 29/08/14 was 25/09/14 (3 weeks before the second set of drivers were originally created) so I think this second set of drivers are patched versions of 29/08/14.

Whats the craic ketmp i should have me solo2 clone v4 back tomorrow ,lent it to a mate for the last 2 weeks as he had to send his gigablue qaud back for repair to some seller on fleabay estiona ,so i could,nt help out on this project so far only have a 2week old solo2 original box so i should be able to help, just need me v4 box back to test first And can people confirm what drivers are confirmed clone safe on v4 solo2s not the solo2se please as i have not spare chips or jtag board still waiting on china post from last year:Angryfire:Angryfire and for lonrisun boxes i will be trying ramiMAHER‎ kernel 3.13.5 patched 2014-10-21 as he,s usein these in vti 8.0 and opendroid 4.2 this might be why people are getting black screens on bootup now this is just in theory have to test this out first.
And big thanks to ketmp .

Regards
dubliner

The last official support from Lonrison (ie vu-hd website) was vix image build 029 and this was kernel 3.13.5 and drivers dated end of august was incorporated into this I assume.

The 21/10/14 drivers were not patched by Rami as I'm sure they were patched by Sunray themselves from what I believe. All drivers released after this date have been patched by Rami.

I hope, but can't be certain, that any patched driver on an image shouldn't cause a clone bomb simply because the clone bomb has been removed. All that appears to happen so far is that box refuses to boot or blank screen I'm assuming because the box security chip didn't like/recognise drivers so stopped it.

I have had someone say that latest image sunray uploads worked on a solo2 with v4 flash.

It's possible that the 21/10/14 drivers may work in latest images. If someone with a solo2 v4 flash wants to try Vix Apollo 112 as that has these patched drivers dated 21/10/14.

If this works I can then use these drivers in latest images.

Last edited by a moderator:

ketmp when you say someone said they latest images work on v4 solo2s can you say who because been checking around and i can only see ALiraza63 state something about this in this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/416452-successfully-recoverd-solo2-solo2.html and you can see his box pack up on him and it,s not stated what drivers are been used when this happened to him ,and then you have karl68s vix 78 image which states he,s usein 21/10/2014 drivers but he did,nt say if it,s a solo2 or solo2se he patched this on so waiting for more feedback before i try more up to date drivers ,so i going to patch some images over the next few days on my original box swap over the whole 3.13.5 files form blackhole image over on vu-hd site and test on me v4 box and i,ll let you know what works going to try 21/10/2014 drivers see how that go,s .regards dubliner

Karl68's vix 78 image doesn't contain 21/10/14 drivers, it still the old drivers as of end of August. I think Karl68 assumed it was 21/10/14 from the driver date info within the image but I've had a copy of these drivers and they were originally dated August. This was the exact same mistake I made until I realised that the driver date as reported by the image is the date of the original drivers that was released with that image.and NOT any drivers that may have been replaced/swapped out after with either earlier or new dated drivers.

To the best of my knowledge the last confirmed working drivers in either Karl68's vix upload or that from vu-hd, are the August drivers.

@dubliner,

I have just done Vix Apollo 131 but with drivers from Karl68's image.

Would you, or anyone, with a Solo2 (with a v4 flash) willing to test it for us?

So long as it has the v4 flash I don't expect an issue to be honest except for maybe a blank screen but can't be sure.

Last edited:

@dubliner,

I have just done Vix Apollo 131 but with drivers from Karl68's image.

Would you, or anyone, with a Solo2 (with a v4 flash) willing to test it for us?

So long as it has the v4 flash I don't expect an issue to be honest except for maybe a blank screen but can't be sure.

Evening ketmp sorry man can,t test this image as i,am going to stick to the tryed and tested ways .As someone that has bricked there box twice and useing openvix at the time, i,d need to have a word with myself to be honest if i did it again.as i,am not a openvix fan Openpli & openatv is my choice. and i don,t want to be the blame if people starting bricking there boxes as we all have learned the hard way .and there,s plenty of clonesafe images in the download section there now that yourself other members have uploaded [thank yous ] so i,am going to wait this one out hopefully we get new firmware before the chinesse new year .
Regards dubliner

Hi there,

Have you found the help needed?
What could this do?

I Have a Lonrison V4 but don't have the ability to change the flash chips.

Will this brick it?

Back